Dante card and ME direct outs

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Dante card and ME direct outs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Parakalien Parakalien 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Parakalien
    Parakalien
    Participant

I have an avantis with the ME monitor system. I’ll be adding the 64x Dante card as soon as they are in stock and I have two questions.

1. Can you run the Dante card at 48khz while the slink connection is at 96khz? (using a gx4816 and dx4816). So I can use 64 channels into Dante virtual soundcard?

2. Can you output dry pre-efx/processing on the Dante outputs and a wet post-efx/processing on the ME outputs?
    We want to be able to run monitors for the band with eq and verb and a dry output for our pro tools broadcast rig.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

1. Yes. You can set the Dante card sample rate in Dante Controller. The card will handle sample rate conversion to/from 96kHz.

2. The Direct Out source point is global for all channels. However, if this is set to post processing for the ME outputs, there are two other methods of recording that don’t rely on Direct Outs and would achieve what you need:
    – You can use tielines to patch input sockets directly to Dante / Pro Tools. These will only be affected by the analogue gain and not any channel processing.
    – You can you use the ‘Record Send’ function in the Virtual Soundcheck screen. This will also take the signal straight after the preamps, but following the order of the channels (instead of the sockets), so it’s often preferred for multitrack recording and/or virtual soundcheck applications.

Parakalien
    Participant

That’s great thanks for your reply!

Do you have a link to an article/video showing how to use the tie lines on the avantis? Maybe I’m being ignorant, but I didn’t come across anything about it and don’t know how.

Parakalien
    Participant

Never mind I found the tab under IO. Guess I never noticed it before because I wasn’t looking for it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.