Dante card and aviom

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Dante card and aviom

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rlauck
    Rlauck
    Participant

So I have a question that may seem basic to all of you, but I need some guidance. Our church currently has an ilive 112 surface connected to an IDR32 which acts as our master rack. WE connect via an ACE card to an IDR48 which we slave. We then have an AVIOM card in the slave which communicates to our AVIOM distribution box. Am I correct that in this configuration, we cannot have a DANTE card? Aviom now has a distributor that uses the DANTE protocol. If we replace our Aviom card with a DANTE card, can DANTE communicate to the Aviom distributor and also to a laptop to begin to do recording or virtual sound checks?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, you don’t have any slots left for Dante, do you? Master rack has M-ACE and slave MMO. So no, in this setup you can’t have Dante. If there is Aviom that accepts Dante, then go that way, you can route Dante also to record as long as total channel count is enough for both (if signals are not duplicated).

ddff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.