Dante card

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of drae drae 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of drae
    drae
    Participant

Can two Dante cards be used on a D Live system (example slot 1 and 2 on a mixrack) to give 128 in / 128 out? Or possible upgrade to the Dante card in the future with increased i/o count?

Profile photo of cat's eyes
    cat’s eyes
    Participant
    Profile photo of cat's eyes
    cat’s eyes
    Participant

I don’t think that actual dante card can hold more then 64 channels count, maybe the developer department plan to build new one for Dlive, if you you want to setup card for digital split, you can choose GigaAce card it more eazy with zeoconfig

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Dante is 48khz, gigaace is 96 khz.

For split giga ace is a beter choise, for recording waves is a beter option

Profile photo of drae
    drae
    Participant

The reason I’m asking is that I recently stumbled across the Yamaha HY 144-D-SRC in an article which states it can pass up to 144 input and 144 outputs via Dante. I was under the impression Dante was “capped” to 64 in and 64 out at 48KHz.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

No, only the older iLive/GLD Dante card which is for now being used for dLive with an adaptor is capped to 64/64 channels because the interface to the GLD/iLive is restricted in that way. Dante itself could transport even more than 144 channels per direction. The new Dante card coming for the dLive system will allow 128 channels per direction and 96kHz AFAIK.

Profile photo of drae
    drae
    Participant

Excellent, thanks for info Jens.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.