Dante card?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Dante card?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

A&H had the Dante card installed 2 month ago at ISE and said late Q1. Since then, nothing. Any information would be appreciated, specially as the gigace/sLink card will take month before it’s ready. With need an option to interface with other hardware. Please advise.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

A&H had the Dante card installed 2 month ago at ISE and said late Q1. Since then, nothing. Any information would be appreciated, specially as the gigace/sLink card will take month before it’s ready. With need an option to interface with other hardware. Please advise.
    Thanks

Any news

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi pfr,

The Dante card has taken a lot longer than expected, due to us working with the latest Audinate module.
    This has required hardware and software to be developed from scratch (rather than being able to reuse existing R&D work).

We apologise for the delay, but there will be announcements on ETA and pricing soon.

Unfortunately I must also correct your estimate on the SLink card – we were originally planning a GigaACE only card, but we have changed this to a second SLink port based on the acceptance of (and excitement for) the technology.
    Being that this requires large architectural changes in the firmware, the work is being done to support this for V1.3, which will be out later in the year.

Thanks,

Keith.

Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Thanks for the clarifications.
    Regards
    Paul

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Since the Dante card will be using the latest Audinate module, does this mean that it will support 64×64 at 96kHz (rather than being limited to 48kHz like the current dLive Dante card)? I am thinking and hoping that this 96kHz Dante support would be the case since the XCVI FPGA audio engine is natively at 96kHz. Does that also mean that this newer Dante card would be made available for dLive and other Dante capable interfaces/products such as ME-U for wonderfully tasty Dante 96kHz sample rate compatibility goodness?

Thanks as always! (fingers and eyes crossed)

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hi Keith

After reading your posting https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/slink-card#post-71156 I am wondering whether the release of the dante card is now postponed and this card will be not available before the slink kard or not.
    In my opinion the dante card would have far more benefits because it is more versatile than the slink. If you have different consoles (two SQs, SQ and GLD, SQ and iLive, SQ and dLive) or a scenario where you want to record more than 32 signals at once, the dante card would fit perfect. The slink card only allows you to connect another A&H products.
    So please rethink your release plans and force the release of the dante card.

Thank you
    Klaus

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,

Just to be clear (I have also posted on the other topic…)
    The Dante and Waves cards will be released first – I’m sure everyone will be pleased with the Dante card spec too 😉
    These will then be followed by the SLink card, so as you say Klaus, we have prioritised Dante (for the very reasons you’ve mentioned).

Thanks!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Thank you Keith. That are good news;-)

Kind Regards
    Klaus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.