Dante Card

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rohan Wright
    Rohan Wright
    Participant

Hi All,

Will be purchasing a DLive soon, just trying to figure something out, It seems the Dante Card is just the iLive Dante card in an adaptor, Are there plans for a new Dante Card based on the HC chip?
    to have a system that does 128ch and 192k seems odd that the dante card is limited to 64ch at 48k…
    I already run into the limits of the Dante card in my iLive systems. If i want to multitrack record 64ch and then also do some routing for other systems then I’m stuck…

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Try the Waves Card v3 – this has all u want.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I would expect a new dante Card in the future, I hope for next year…

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

By the way, anyone tried to record 64 or more channels at 96k? How does Mac/PC handle that?

ddff, thinking of Waves

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

plenty of times without problems.

Just curious: what purpose does 96k serve you that 48k does not? Quite a difference in disk space used for that many channels of sustained recording. …and the differences in audible quality are really negligible. The only reason I would (personally) want to run Dante @ 96k is a *slight* reduction in latency. (For the record, I’m totally with you on wanting a higher channel count without having to multicast, but I’d still probably want to downsample for the multitrack.)

Profile photo of Rohan Wright
    Rohan Wright
    Participant

Probably the main thing would be keeping it consistent across the system, We currently have an iLive and I have used Dante for inserts with Waves Multirack, I know its better to do this with a waves card but was just using what we already have. I don’t need recording in 96, but we were using Dante for a monitor split as well as routing etc.
    It’s really more about channel count, but I guess it might be better to look at a Waves card for recording and run waves SoundGrid, as well as a Dante card for other audio distribution. Just adds a bit of cost running both worlds…
    Does anyone know if you can use Waves3 like Dante with a virtual soundcard for basic PC audio?

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Rohan,

You can use a Waves 3 card as an audio interface in broadly the same was as Dante Virtual Soundcard. There are some slight differences with clocking and routing. Waves have their own multitrack software you can use called Tracks Live too.

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

Hello

On audinate website https://www.audinate.com/products/manufacturer-products/dante-brooklyn-ii
    There is information that brooklyn 2 chip have :
    Sample Rates : 44.1 / 48/88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192kHz

Audio Channels In/Out (44.1/48kHz) Up to 64×64 channels
    Audio Channels In/Out (88.2/96kHz) Up to 32×32 channels
    Audio Channels In/Out (176.4/192kHz) Up to 16×16 channels

When i set 32×32 channel on PC in DVS and in Controller on device AH card 96khz and i wasnt able to do patching in Controller- Virtual Direct I/O.
    Mixrack is set on 96khz internal.
    It is possible only when device is set on 48khz.

It is possible for AH Dante card to work on 96khz – 32×32 channel that is for chip enabled?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

No, current A&H Dante Card supports 48kHz only

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

yes, but BILDIC asks was whether A&H can change this. the Dante-chip permits higher data rates

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.