Dante Card

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Dante Card

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 8 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Drew
    Drew
    Participant

I just installed our brand new Dante card and can’t communicate with it usefully. In Dante controller the status window shows N/A. The device Config window is similarly useless. Cant even see a firmware version to know if the card is out of date. This is connecting Via a switch and directly Card to PC. Primary OR Config port.

Does anyone think the unit is DOA

Drew

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of gmckinnell
    gmckinnell
    Participant

We had similar issues with a a Dante card. We sent it back to the supplier but haven’t heard anything back yet to know what the issue was. .

Profile photo of Drew
    Drew
    Participant

I’m going to try a different computer tomorrow just in case, but this same PC connected to a QL1 a few weeks ago just fine.
    How long has your card been sent off With no word? I need mine working in 6 days and may need go to plan B.

gmckinnell
    Participant

It’s been a week or 2 but I’m not worried. It’s for a church and we’re not dependent on it for anything.
    I’ll probably follow up shortly and try to get a loan or replacement card. Be interested to know the outcome of your issues.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Drew,

Can you confirm your computer is set to DHCP? What version of Dante Controller are you running?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I have to do couple refresh cycles on my mac if card is shown like this, however in my case sample rate is visible all the time, only latency is grayed out.

ddff

Profile photo of Drew
    Drew
    Participant

Thanks for the responses.
    I was away from the console until yesterday but brought another machine to test with. Short answer is the card is fine, something is wrong with the computer i was using. DHCP is on, wifi is off, PC is patched, NIC Driver is specifically updated, fresh version of Dante controller, new cat5 cables, ethersound service is not running… Weirdness. I’ll have a QL to test against later in the week I’ll let everyone know how that goes. I suspect there is some other piece of software that is conflicting.

D

gmckinnell
    Participant

For the record, our is sorted. Turned out to be some incompatibility with the 64 bit version of reaper and the ASIO drivers. Not an issue with the card per se. Uninstalled Reaper 64 bit and installed the 32 bit version and it worked fine after that.

Hopefully that might help someone else out with a similar issue.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Anyone had digital artifacts in their recordings? I did a 20 track recording and I thought all went well, but every track has different digital spikes in it, mostly during silence but not always.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

digital artifacts in a recording can often be a result of clocking issues. Did you check to see if the GLD is slaved to the option card slot? Is everything set at 48kHz sample rate? What DAW are you using to track?

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

We checked the clock, it may have been the issue but I have yet to listen to the recording since.
    The clock was the only thing I could find that might be causing this issue.
    Everything I’ve read says set the GLD as Master, dante card to slave as default, hope this solves the problem.

Profile photo of Sligo-Sound
    Sligo-Sound
    Participant

We use a Dante card. The Dante card must be set as master to avoid recording glitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

As described in other threads on this forum, there are two ways to set the clock.

– The recommended one (see page 12 of the M-Dante guide) is to set the GLD Audio Sync to Internal, and the Dante card to Preferred Master and Slave to Ext in Dante Controller. This makes use of the GLD clock.
    – The alternative method is to set the GLD to Sync from I/O Port, and no option ticked in Dante Controller for the Dante card. This makes use of the VCO on the Dante card.

Either method should work reliably.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Thank you Nicola, I had trouble verifying these settings as I wasn’t sure where to look on the GLD.
    I’ll give this a try this Sunday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.