Dante and iLive

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Dante and iLive

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H Leon BigEars A&H 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Blake
    Blake
    Participant

Howdy Folks,

I recently set up a dante network so I can multitrack and do virtual soundcheck. I’m still in the process of setting it all up, but I tried multi tracking a service yesterday and only got the first 40 channels in my mix rack. I have additional inputs on my iLive surface that are all of my wireless mics and computer input that I was not receiving through dante even though everything was patched correctly. I believe the surface is running EtherSound to the mix rack, so that could be the cause of the issue.

Has anyone run into this before and found a solution? Do I need a dante card on my surface as well?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hi Blake,

Can you describe your setup in more detail?

If your surface is connected via ES then you’d need an ES card in your mixrack. If that’s the case, where do you have your Dante card installed? Are you using a modular surface and mixrack?

Were you sending IP direct out or Socket outputs to your Dante stream? How many total channels are you trying to record?

-d

Profile photo of Blake
    Blake
    Participant

Thanks for responding!

My mix rack is a iDR10C – modular, 10 I/O slots, RAB2, 1 PSU, carton box with an ether sound card in slot A and a Dante card in slot B, iLive rack CPU; 6 M-MICIN – 8 mic/line preamps, XLR; 1 M-LINEOUT – 8 balanced line outputs, XLR; and 1 M-MULTIOUT – ADAT, Aviom, iDR expander.

My Surface is a an iLive 176 with 2 M-MICIN – 8 mic/line preamps, XLR in slots A and B; and 1 M-LINEOUT – 8 balanced line outputs, XLR in slot C.

The Ethersound cards are connected from mix rack to surface and the network 1 is connected from the mix rack to the surface.

The Dante card in the mix rack is what is feeding my dante network (24 port switch) and my computer connects to that switch.

All of my microphones (12 inputs), CD player and laptop line in (2 inputs each) are plugged into the two M-MICIN cards on the back of the surface.

I’m also attaching a picture of our mix rack. Hopefully it will work.

If you need more information to understand our setup up let me know. Thanks for your time and effort on this!

Blake

Profile photo of Blake
    Blake
    Participant

Here is the picture of the mix rack.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hi Blake

Your system setup seems fine to me.

What are you setting as your Dante Outputs? Are you using IP Direct Outs or Sockets?

Can you confirm your Dante routing is correct? Also, what are you recording to (what software)?

As a troubleshooting step can you try setting the inputs from the surface to the first 16 dante channels? You know that Dante channels 1-16 work since you can record them if they are the iDR channels. Try setting them to the surface channels just as a test.

-d

Profile photo of Gil
    Gil
    Participant

I have to read up a little, but sounds like you need to use Direct outs of the channels that are on your surface. Try that and see if that works

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Yes, Gil is correct. usually you send ‘MixRack Inputs’ to the Dante network for recording (i.e. Mic Pre splits). but obviously the XLRs on the surface are not in the MixRack! – for these inputs you have to choose ‘Channel Direct Outs’ and set the global direct out preferences to pre-fade pre-processing etc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.