Dante

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Korcraft
    Korcraft
    Participant

Hey all,

We just installed our Dante card today. Made sure the Avantis was on latest firmware.

We see the I/O available in Port 1 (where the card is installed) 64×64.

We then connected via Ethernet from the Dante card to a macbook and installed Dante Virtual Soundcard.

The software sees the Avantis and also the macbook itself in the routing section, but we can only route the Avantis transmit to the Avantis receive. We cannot route the Avantis transmit to the macbook receive.

We realized after that the sample rates were different on the Avantis and the macbook, but I’m not sure that would stop it from setting up the routing. Until I can test that, I thought I would bring the issue here to see if anyone has another idea as to the issue?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

The card is probably set to 96k. Only devices with the same sample rate can be routed to each other in controller. You could also set your DVS to 96k but with only 32 channels

Korcraft
    Participant

Sample rate was my thought too as we had the macbook set to 48k. So that’s our first try tomorrow.

Thanks

Korcraft
    Participant

Just an update. Changing the sample rate did allow for us to set the I/O properly, however, it oddly is still suffering from sample rate jitter in the DAW. We have tried Studio One and Logic. For one brief moment we got a clean recording in Logic, but after trying a 3rd DAW and going back to Logic, the jitter returned and we could not get rid of it.

There seems to be some sort of conflict with the sample rate that the DAW sees. Even though the dante virtual soundcard (DVS) is set to 96k when we open up a DAW and select the DVS as the audio device, it keeps reverting the sample rate to 44.1k and we have to manually change it to 96k in the DAW. Even though we change it and it appears to remain as 96k, the recording clearly has a sample rate conflict.

More trial and error for us unless someone on here has a brilliant idea 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I heard about a problem with Logic and higher sample rates
    but I don’t know if it is relevant in your case

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.