customizing Aux insert points?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions customizing Aux insert points?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stubish
    stubish
    Participant

Hi,
    Dealing with singers (church setting). Currently every IEM pack is on an Aux and they are all post delay.

What I’d ‘like’ to be able to do is have that singer recieve their own voice post EQ but everything else post delay (to remove compression from their own ears). Haven’t found a way to do that yet? Is it possible??

Peace
    Stuart

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Looking at the block diagram in the manual will show you all possible pick points for aux sends. These are switchable per channel. And reading page 27 might give you further possibilities, if needed.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

The aux sends can only be set globally, unfortunately not per input channel.
    So you have to decide whether you want to set the aux send PostEQ or PostDelay. And this then applies to all signals in the aux path.
    I usually use PostEQ for monitor paths so that the musicians can control their dynamics better.

A solution for you would be:
    Create two aux paths. You make one aux postEQ and send the singer’s signal into it.
    The second aux channel is postDelay, where you send the signals that should be in the monitor with their compression.
    And finally you sum up these two aux paths in a matrix.

I know: that’s a bit complex again, but your task is a bit special. Of course, it would be nicer if you could set the tap points per channel. But then we can also make mistakes much faster 😉

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

The aux sends can only be set globally, unfortunately not per input channel.

my bad, sorry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.