Custom Layer Automation, without midi assigned..

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Custom Layer Automation, without midi assigned..

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Twoshoes
    Twoshoes
    Participant

Hello everyone, newbie. Be gentle.

I am using my QU-16 happily with logic X, great in so many ways, truly great bit of kit.

However! I am struggling to do something quite particular, which I cannot find anything about online.

I have mapped my custom layer to control several DCA’s, particular channels, and fx returns to mix with (DCA 1 – drums, a bass channel fader, stereo channels from logic)

This made my custom layer unable to be a midi controller or midi controlled.. (Allegedly).

What I would like to able to do is record my fader changes (that are assigned to QU-16 channels) into Logic onto blank midi channels as automation, and then have them play back onto my custom layer.

So I can control the channel strip faders, DCA’s and fx returns in the QU-16 from logic without setting the channels as midi only.

Looking at Logic I am still getting messages from the faders when I move them on the custom layer, but it doesn’t like assigning them as faders on midi channels. I have (briefly) investigated NRPN control, but don’t know to get Logic to interpret BN,63,CH etc.. to anything useful. Plus I have no experience of how to interpret NRPN.

I am sure this has been considered, so feel free to re-direct me or suggest something I could be doing differently.

Thanks!

B2shu

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

read the logic manual about automation

it’s all done with logic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.