Custom Control V1.3 and AHM V1.3

Forums Forums Other A&H products Custom Control V1.3 and AHM V1.3

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We’ve just released Custom Control V1.3 and AHM firmware and System Manager V1.3.

New in Custom Control V1.3
    – Control of multiple AHM / Avantis / dLive units from the same user interface
    – New widgets: date and time, horizontal faders and meters
    – Control of LED bars on CC-7 and CC-10 touch panels
    – New Resource Packs with custom images
    – TCP/UDP messages for control of third-party equipment

Also new are a number of styling and graphic handling improvements, including custom colour palettes, object grouping, options to lock aspect ratio / position / dimension of control widgets, transparency setting for images and much more.

Download V1.3 Custom Control: https://www.allen-heath.com/custom-control/software/

AHM firmware and System Manager V1.30 add support of multi-unit Custom Control configs as well as several other fixes and improvements.

Download AHM V1.3 System Manager: https://www.allen-heath.com/ahm-series/#software

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

And here’s a couple of compatibility notes you should be aware of:

– AHM V1.3 will only connect to Custom Control app V1.3 or higher, due to security improvements. Custom Control V1.2.6 will NOT connect and display a username / password error.

– For the multi-unit feature of Custom Control V1.3 to work, the firmware of the host unit must support multi-unit. For example, AHM V1.3 or higher. Current dLive / Avantis firmware cannot host a multi-unit config.

These are also detailed in the release notes for Custom Control and AHM.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Well done. While I’ve never thought about the fact that someone might need to control multiple devices from a Custom Control layout, it’s not hard to imagine a scenario where this would be helpful!

Profile photo of Timmy
    Timmy
    Participant

Am i imagining things – or does this software STILL NOT offer the basic ability to drop a rotary knob onto a layout and have it control preamp gain of a channel? Does it still not off the ability to have a button control phantom power on/off????????????????

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Am i imagining things – or does this software STILL NOT offer the basic ability to drop a rotary knob onto a layout and have it control preamp gain of a channel? Does it still not off the ability to have a button control phantom power on/off????????????????

While I don’t disagree that these items could be useful for many people, I will say that the Custom Control app is designed to be more of a basic control software for existing setups vs a mixing software that someone is using to set up and dial in the system. It’s not intended to be used as a Director alternative. Settings gains and phantom power really doesn’t fall into the “use case” that A&H has for this software and I can understand their decision to leave them out.

I’ll also say that if you are looking for more of a “mixing” application that allows for customization, you might want to look at the app “Mixing Station”. It provides complete control over the A&H system (including gains and phantom power settings) while allowing users to customize the layouts and layers in the GUI like Custom Control allows. Like Custom Control, it’s also available on many different platforms including Android, iOS, Windows, etc.

I’m not trying to take anything away from the Custom Control app. I appreciate the fact that Allen & Heath has created it and is continuing to develop it. But I also understand their intended use case and if you need functionality that is outside of their intended use case, sometimes the third party apps fit the need better than the A&H apps.

Profile photo of Timmy
    Timmy
    Participant

I disagree. The whole point of the AHM is for Allen and Heath to enter the “Installation” market.

Whether it be a small meeting room, or a large Ballroom – when you have an XLR connector on a wallplate at the front of the room – and you have the choice of connecting a podium mic, and hand held mic, maybe even a DI for a laptop’s audio to be connected – some sources will need phantom power and some will not. Even the most basic end user might need to know looking at the ipad interface whether phantom power is turned on or off. especially if they were to connect a 3.5m to XLR cable (which will literally fry the laptop being plugged in if phantom power is permanently turned on.

Some sources will need Mic level gain, some sources plugged in will need line level (no gain). the face that i can’t create a simple “mic/line” level gain toggle is alarming.

These are features which would take Allen and Heath “an afternoon’ to include in the software – they are also features which exist in all other DSP systems – whether it be Qsys, London Blu, Yamaha MTX, Biamp, Symantex etc etc

Why not include the features – and if some people (like yourself) who dont need the features just dont use it?

I’ve personally purchased over 15 AHMs (assuming these most basic features would exist), and now i’m waiting for them to appear while clients don’t have what they were promised (probably my fault for not doing my research before if purchased for the products) but seriously – name another DSP where these features don’t exist?

Profile photo of pcbuilder
    pcbuilder
    Participant

I am INCREDIBLY thankful that Grouping has been implemented! That alone will save me hours.
    I was also initially excited that faders can now be horizontal, as a real need for me is to have a Pan control option that is NOT a tiny rotary knob when the musicians are trying to pan channels in their IEMs from their phone screens. I thought it might work to put in a horizontal fader so they could more easily see/grab the Pan control and simply slide it left or right to pan. However, it appears Faders can only be assigned to control Main or Send Level but not Pan. Maybe eventually a future Custom Control update could include, in the Resource Toolbox, either a new horizontal Slider control that can be assigned the same control options as a Rotary Knob, or add the option to choose a Control Type for the Fader control as Rotary Knobs have?
    Apologies if there is already a way to do this horizontal pan-control slider thing in CC and I’m too thick to uncover it!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I joined the CustomControl 1.3 Zoom call yesterday that Allen & Heath hosted and was surprised at all of the changes. I had read the release notes, but clearly didn’t grasp all of the changes. There is a lot that has changed that goes well beyond multi-device support.

Profile photo of Erpee
    Erpee
    Participant

Since I updated to V1.3 (including the new CC app) It won’t startup automaticly in kiosk mode anymore..????
    With both tablet and AHM32 on the previous software version everything was okay, tablet startup at kiosk mode automaticly!

The tablet is a ProDVX APPC 10DX (I asume that is the same as the CC-10).

Anyone ideas?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@erpee

If you haven’t already, please contact us using support.allen-heath.com and we can look into this with you.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Just to let you know that we have released a maintenance version of Custom Control.

Download it – https://www.allen-heath.com/custom-control/software/
    Read about it – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Custom-Control-Release-Notes-V1.3.1.pdf

Profile photo of Erpee
    Erpee
    Participant

Thanks a lot guys! I will try this one πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

I have a question about v1.3.1
    I havent used it since v1.2.4 and now see nice new features. When i try to add a unit, without anything connected, the app keeps crashing for me on Windows 11?

Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

Im also still seeing errors warning about images being to bi which is actually not the case. For Tablet images it show me a warning im exceeding 2048×1080. My images is 14401080p png?!

Still would love to see poper font handling, current sizing by width and height of field is tedious to adjust. Also an align tool will make wok so much easier

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Rombout
    Rombout
    Participant

Was that Zoom meeting recorded, love to see what actually more is new. I read here it seems the meeting showed more details about it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.