Custom Control not allowing control over Send Levels

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Custom Control not allowing control over Send Levels

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kyle Kyle 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kyle
    Kyle
    Participant

Hello all, I recently started helping out at a church running an Avantis system. I’m not the sound guy myself, but he hasn’t ever messed with Custom Control so he’s not sure what to do here either.

Basically, I’m trying to be able to control the levels for my belt pack that’s running through a Stereo Aux channel on the board. I thought that if I set the faders in Custom Control to “Send Level” rather than “Main Level” and set the Destination Channel as the proper Stereo Aux output that I would be able to adjust my in-ears without bothering our sound guy every time I need something adjusted, but instead it just gives me the yellow lines across all of the faders.

I also tried swapping the Channel with the Destination Channel to make sure I didn’t just have it backwards, but the issue remained.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a functionality that just isn’t supported with Avantis yet?

I’m not in front of the board at the moment so I can’t verify the Avantis firmware version, but I’ll be there later today.
    I created the layout with Custom Control Editor v1.1.1 for Windows.

Attached a screenshot of the editor so you can see my settings on the fader.
    I already found out that the Dynamic Text isn’t working yet, I just hadn’t changed it yet when I took the screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Kyle
    Kyle
    Participant

Update: It was only the DCAs that had the issue, I was able to get control over the regular Input channels just fine.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It would make sense that the DCAs won’t work to control the aux group volume. A DCA is simply a “remote” volume control for a group of channels. But this remote volume control changes the main faders, not the aux send faders.

I don’t think there is a way to set a DCA group to control an aux send, but I’m not in front of the board right now. (And until A&H releases Director for Avantis, we are all stuck having to use the physical board to test things on).

Profile photo of Kyle
    Kyle
    Participant

Ah ok thank you, getting control over the DCAs for the belt pack would’ve been nice, but since it’s working for the inputs that should be all I really need.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.