custom control help

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions custom control help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johnrevival Johnrevival 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Trabis
    Trabis
    Participant

I am working with the custom control editor and I am running into a couple of issues that I just don’t understand.

To give some frame work, I am attempting to make an interface with 5 tabs (controlling sends to 5 mono auxes).
    I use the tab container tool to drag a tab onto the editor, then I click on it to give it emphasis and configure the container to have 5 tabs, then i name them appropriately.
    This all seems to work correctly. Next I add the elements I want on each tab. The issue I am having is that some of these elements appear only on the selected tab, and others appear on all 5 tabs even though I attempted to place them on only one of the tabs. I have deleted and redone this multiple times and even made new projects with the same results. Am I doing something wrong? I literally click on the tab I want to work in then drag elements into it such as a fader or rotary knob.

My next question is can a tab container contain a tab container?
    My goal is to have 5 tabs across the top to select one of 5 wedge monitors, then have a 2 tab container inside each of them to select Vocals or Band.

I have searched the forums and haven’t been able to find much information at all on custom control.
    If there is a manual or white paper on it I would appreciate being pointed to it.

thanks for the help.

Profile photo of Johnrevival
    Johnrevival
    Participant

I tried to do this to and couldn’t do it. I ended up making a user for each mix and make a control for each iem/monitor.

PM me your email and I can send you what I made

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Pretty much all you need is in the webinar.
    Google search ‘Custom Control Webinar’

It is most certainly possible to put containers in parent containers and have different containers appear depending on the parent container’s selected tab, etc.
    It just takes a bit of fiddling around to get used to figuring out when something is actually inside the container tab as opposed to floating on top of it.

Profile photo of Johnrevival
    Johnrevival
    Participant

Oh didn’t know about the webinar! Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.