Custom Control for dLive is here!

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Custom Control for dLive is here!

This topic contains 82 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rombout Rombout 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author

…okay one more thing I’d like to see here in future updates: Double tap (or triple) tap option to return knobs to center (Pan, specifically.)

…aaaand one more bug: GR meter, Does *not* appear to work for Stereo auxes, but does for inputs.

Also, for what it’s worth, I realized I do have enough logins available to make this a viable option for IEM iPads for our site; band *loves* it so far! Really an improvement on a number of levels as opposed to running MixPad.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

many thanks to you for this solution!

I immediately built myself a small page that allows me to control the levels of the background feeds without having to go to the mixer or use an iPad. Just on the phone, just like the small iPhone app of the iLive… great!

Which I didn’t quite understand:
    I prepared a few pages offline and then transferred them to the console. But here the channel assignments somehow didn’t work. Then I quickly made a new page, so it worked immediately.
    I can’t explain that to myself.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This is pretty awesome. Hopefully it can be expanded in the future to include all the control functions – eq, comp/gate, effect parameters, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Profile photo of blangford10
    blangford10
    Participant

Is there any particular reason why I cant seem to get Stereo Aux’s or Matrix’s to work?
    I have tried several times on Mac & PC editor, and everytime it shows as unavailable.
    I am running a DM32 & C3500. I have a config of 2-StGroups / 6-MonoFX / 2-MonoAux / 14-StAux / 6-MonoMtx / 2-StMtx / 1-PFL.

Trying to set up as Sends on Faders for St.Aux 14
    Thanks for any help

blangford10
    Participant

FYI Here is My Config File

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <CustomControllerConfig version=”1.0.0″>
    <UIOptions/>
    <Units/>
    <Layouts>
    <Layout name=”GT” allUsers=”0″ users=”FoH” desktop=”1″ phone=”1″ tablet=”1″ orientation=”0″ allScenes=”1″ scenes=”” fixedAspectRatio=”0″ aspectRatio1=”4″ aspectRatio2=”3″>
    <Widget id=”0″ type=”ahnet_fader” x=”0.1″ y=”0.55″ width=”0.0925011″ height=”0.467185″ z=”0″ textLabel=”” levelType=”sendlevel” channelType=”ip” channelNumber=”53″ destChannelType=”staux” destChannelNumber=”14″ minGain=”-128″ maxGain=”10″ minToInf=”off” audioTaper=”on” offImageResourceId=”default_gen_fader_0″ onImageResourceId=”default_th_0_fader_control_0″ textFont=”lato” textColour=”#000000″ controlColour=”#04ffc5″ overlayColour=”#66ffff00″ showFaderScale=”on”/>
    <Widget id=”1″ type=”ahnet_meter” x=”0.139225″ y=”0.157307″ width=”0.0307404″ height=”0.3″ z=”0.125″ textLabel=”” meterType=”postpre” channelType=”ip” channelNumber=”53″ meterRadius=”0.2″ textFont=”lato” textColour=”#000000″ leftRightSource=”lefths” onImageResourceId=”_basic” showMeterScale=”on”/>
    <Widget id=”2″ type=”ahnet_fader” x=”0.2″ y=”0.55″ width=”0.0925011″ height=”0.467185″ z=”0.25″ textLabel=”” levelType=”sendlevel” channelType=”ip” channelNumber=”126″ destChannelType=”staux” destChannelNumber=”14″ minGain=”-128″ maxGain=”10″ minToInf=”off” audioTaper=”on” offImageResourceId=”default_gen_fader_0″ onImageResourceId=”default_th_0_fader_control_0″ textFont=”lato” textColour=”#000000″ controlColour=”#04ffc5″ overlayColour=”#66ffff00″ showFaderScale=”on”/>
    <Widget id=”3″ type=”ahnet_meter” x=”0.239225″ y=”0.157307″ width=”0.0307404″ height=”0.3″ z=”0.375″ textLabel=”” meterType=”postpre” channelType=”ip” channelNumber=”126″ meterRadius=”0.2″ textFont=”lato” textColour=”#000000″ leftRightSource=”lefths” onImageResourceId=”_basic” showMeterScale=”on”/>
    <Widget id=”5″ type=”ahnet_meter” x=”0.339225″ y=”0.157307″ width=”0.0307404″ height=”0.3″ z=”0.5″ textLabel=”” meterType=”postpre” channelType=”ip” channelNumber=”127″ meterRadius=”0.2″ textFont=”lato” textColour=”#000000″ leftRightSource=”lefths” onImageResourceId=”_basic” showMeterScale=”on”/>
    <Widget id=”6″ type=”text” x=”0.27987″ y=”0.505554″ width=”0.130468″ height=”0.0488281″ z=”0.625″ text=”iMac” textColour=”#000000″ textAlignment=”center” textFont=”lato” backgroundColour=”#00ffffff” radius=”0″/>
    <Widget id=”7″ type=”text” x=”0.178399″ y=”0.503026″ width=”0.130468″ height=”0.0488281″ z=”0.75″ text=”Mic” textColour=”#000000″ textAlignment=”center” textFont=”lato” backgroundColour=”#00ffffff” radius=”0″/>
    <Widget id=”8″ type=”text” x=”0.1″ y=”0.5″ width=”0.134611″ height=”0.0744098″ z=”0.875″ text=”House Music” textColour=”#000000″ textAlignment=”center” textFont=”lato” backgroundColour=”#00ffffff” radius=”0″/>
    <Widget id=”11″ type=”ahnet_fader” x=”0.3″ y=”0.55″ width=”0.0925011″ height=”0.467185″ z=”1″ textLabel=”” levelType=”sendlevel” channelType=”ip” channelNumber=”127″ destChannelType=”staux” destChannelNumber=”14″ minGain=”-128″ maxGain=”10″ minToInf=”off” audioTaper=”on” offImageResourceId=”default_gen_fader_0″ onImageResourceId=”default_th_0_fader_control_0″ textFont=”lato” textColour=”#000000″ controlColour=”#04ffc5″ overlayColour=”#66ffff00″ showFaderScale=”on”/>
    </Layout>
    </Layouts>
    <Resources/>
    </CustomControllerConfig>

Profile photo of Owczar
    Owczar
    Participant

This is great, can’t wait to try it out!
    Is it possible to program/control MCAs with this app? I miss it badly when using iPad OneMix 🙁

@ Blangford… I tried importing your text as an XML file and couldn’t get it to work, any chance you can attach it as a file?

I’m currently on week 2.5 of using this for IEM and have both ST Groups/auxes working perfectly. My current working beta doc is attached for reference. In my show I have ch98-128 reserved for IEM channels, but also use a handful of groups for things like Audience mics, Drum Mix–>IEM, etc. Hope this helps sir.

Oops, XML file size is too large:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/29kias82x9fc4g7/AABe9w1vPhPf223QIMENTzV4a?dl=0

I put both our secondary campus default template show file and the custom control layout file in there. Feel free to give it a look.

blangford10
    Participant

I was able to get it to work… rebooted the mix-rack again and it started working. Thanks!

Glad to hear! I’ll pull the dropbox files.

@ A&H folks – I found another small annoyance: Say you have several identical layouts within the scope of one Layout Manager file. You realize that you need to change, say a single (mono) meter to dual (stereo) meters in the same place in several different layouts that are identical. (At least in terms of physical layout, each controls a different Stereo Aux.)

…you update one, then copy those dual meters from that first one and paste it to the same place in #2, 3 and so on. …but when you paste – the object doesn’t automatically paste back *in* to a container, even if the original source was also in a container.

So, you have to copy/paste, then move it a little so the #2 container recognizes the object is supposed to be inside of it. It’s super annoying when you’ve already got things neatly aligned, and then have to do that all over again. I would love to have the option that, when I paste something that falls within the zone of a container, it automatically pastes inside the container to avoid that extra step.

Metering not working for Groups, Solved: You *can’t* leave “post preamp,” selected as pickoff point in the editor. Any other choice results in a properly working group meter.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Thanks for the great new feature.

I also had issues with controlling auxiliaries, but a reboot of the mixrack seemed to fix it. Probably worth doing a reboot after upgrading to 1.81.

Profile photo of devanbumstead
    devanbumstead
    Participant

Would love it if someone would share their file for the purpose of Aux monitoring with an iPhone!

Or really any file so I can see how you all are doing it! The files above I couldn’t get working. Dropbox file was missing and xml data didn’t open.

@ Devan, I put my latest custom control file back here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7btkzpo721bk9uh/190610_AH_Custom_V5.xml?dl=0

Here’s my default (primary campus) dLive show as well so it will make sense:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtas42awci1bq4f/190707%20Mish%20FOH.tar.gz?dl=0

I’ve changed a few things in there since then, but it’s more or less the same. Load Scene #497 for the full default show state. I’ll leave both files up there for a month or two and then pull em.

Band gets ipads that are designated to control StAux 4-8. I haven’t made an iPhone version yet, though it’d be something similar, probably sans meters. Hope this helps!

Profile photo of devanbumstead
    devanbumstead
    Participant

Thanks so much for that! Very helpful to see how you set everything up. I don’t have my C3500 yet. Our church is doing a major AVL upgrade and the board will be coming next week. Launch day is late Sept so I’m trying to figure out how to get my musicians some iPhone control of their monitors. This CC app is going to prove INCREDIBLY useful! Thanks A&H!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.