Custom Control for dLive is here!

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Custom Control for dLive is here!

This topic contains 82 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rombout Rombout 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We’ve just released Custom Control, a customizable, cross-platform control app, providing bespoke control over Allen & Heath dLive installed audio systems.
    Have a look here for more information, videos, and links to the apps and editor: https://www.allen-heath.com/custom-control/

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Interesting!
    Could that be used for the still missed musician monitor control app? Have to look into it…

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Noice!

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Really interested in checking this out for the mobile phone app

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Already tested it.
    Quite some programming but very flexible. Build your own monitor app!

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You could indeed build a personal monitoring app. Multiple layouts (e.g. controlling different Aux mixes) can coexist in the same config file, assigned to different user profiles. So for example User 1 controls Aux 1 etc.

Profile photo of Espen
    Espen
    Participant

iOS app not available in Norway? Cant find it in App Store…

Very Cool! This is exactly what I’ve been doing with Touch OSC since the dLive was released. …only better!

I’m already working on several layouts for a few different applications. I noticed a bug with Mains fader though: It doesn’t look like it actually controls the mains fader. Did I miss something?

One other thing I would love to see in the next revision, especially as this is geared toward the installation market: is the ability to limit output values for faders. I do this in Touch OSC for instance, to only allow “unskilled,” users to move a fader from -inf to a **maximum** of 0dB for the entire fader throw. It prevents all kinds of issues in most environments where things need to be relatively dummy resistant.

One other thing that would be useful is a shortcut enable/disable setting for faders so that you could, say, double-tap to set a fader to 0. (…maybe triple tap as an extra precaution?)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Does the configuration live in the mix rack or the device?

Yeah, the layouts are stored in console, which is pretty cool. It makes sense from an administrative perspective, and I would imagine that saves from having the blowouts you sometimes see with MixPad. (Layouts just get completely messed up every once in a while, it’s an open ticket w/ support.) You just have to build the layouts, then push them to the console from the editor.

I also like that you can assign specific layouts for specific user logins, although it means application is limited for use as an IEM controller due to the limited number of logins available.

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

the ability to limit output values for faders

Set the Audio Taper of a fader object to Off, and the Min Gain / Max Gain properties will be displayed.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

the limited number of logins available.

What is the limit?

@ Nikola, thanks! That’s exactly what I needed. It didn’t occur to me the fader setup was identical to ip8. duh.

@ Mr X – 10 user logins per console.

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Remember you can also have different interfaces serving the same user profile, depending on the device type. E.g. user ‘AV guy’ can have a couple of faders or preset recalls on a phone, some more control on a tablet, and more comprehensive routing and metering on a desktop machine. Although this doesn’t help with the personal monitoring application discussed above, it’s a great feature to have in installations.

You can even create Scene to Layout dependencies. Basically have interfaces which are only displayed when a specific Scene (or selection of Scenes) is displayed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.