Cue Wedge Assign failure

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Cue Wedge Assign failure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

On my GLD with newest firmware I tried for the first time to use a cue wedge. So I assigned some AUX-Mixes to the Wedge Bus – but unfortunately even if I PAFL an unassigned AUX – my cue Wedge is playing this AUX… it just seems that the routing doesn’t work. Anyone else who can confirm that?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi eotsskleet,
    That’s expected behaviour. The Wedge and IEM outputs are always fed from the PAFL bus. Assigning an Aux to one or the other simply triggers the mute status of either fader when pressing PAFL on the Aux. So for example, press PAFL on Aux 1 (assigned to Wedge) -> IEM is muted. Press PAFL on St Aux 1 (assigned to IEM) -> Wedge is muted.
    If ALL of your Auxes are assigned to either Wedge or IEM, then it should work as intended.

Hope this helps.

eotsskleet
    Participant

Thanks Nicolas for the Answer – i sucessfully used it on my last monitor-job! Although i’ve got some suggestions:
    If I press PAFL of an Input Channel, and this one is not assigned to either wedge or IEM – the PAFL comes in full volume out of my che wedge.. i see that other engineers always turn the cue wedge fader down before PAFL any other channel.. but it costs you more time to do so!
    So I thought I’m a genius and assign all the Input Channels only to IEM! In this case after cue-listening to an Aux, I can press PAFL of an Input without fading my cue-wedge down to hear the channel in my Headphones! That worked so far.. but here’s the problem:
    The sequence of “muting the cue wedge, and PAFL the Input” is “wrong”! Before the cue wedge is muted the channel is PAFLd! Means you get a short signal from the input to the cue wedge!

See the attached video (although in german) where you can hear the short noise while swapping from cue wedge to IEM!

eotsskleet
    Participant

Video attachment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.