Creativity with IP6 and IP8

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Creativity with IP6 and IP8

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BILDIC BILDIC 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Hi A&H.

Love your system, but I am really, really missing some ways to do some of the more “creative” stuff. Since you have chosen not to put user assignable knobs on your consoles, you should offer some more possibilities with the IP controllers. 2 features I think should be top of the list:

1. Midi control from the IP controller, to interact with other gear.

2. Control of FX parameters. Even though it would be just a few different key parameters, it would make the dLive a much more powerfull system, if i could the faders/knobs to control stuff like Feedback, Delay time, Delay division, modulation depth, reverb time, delay filters etc. You have some of the most beautiful sounding fx on the market, but you are giving us no way of taking full advantage of them and having creative control!

Regards, Tor

Profile photo of Fabulophone
    Fabulophone
    Participant

+1!!!! I use the IP8 since not long but I feel that there could be more assignable options.
    And midi implementation through the IP controller could really be cool!
    THX

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Isn’t this possible from Director? Why not have a laptop running Director hooked up to the Rack or Surface? I edit FX parameters from my iPad in the middle of the show all the time with my iLive.

-Mark

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Sorry, but that is in no shape or form creatively engaging. I want things where I DON’T look at a screen. Ipad and tablets are the Black Plague of digital audio. Terrible.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Sorry, but that is in no shape or form creatively engaging

A knob is creatively engaging, but a mouse or virtual knob is not?

I want things where I DON’T look at a screen.

Strange that you bought a console with two touchscreens. I’m sorry you’re so offended by my suggestion. I’ll quietly go back to editing FX in real time from anywhere in the room.

-Mark

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Yes, physical knobs and buttons, are creative reinforcement. A screen is a barrier. It’s the tactile feel that makes the difference, and much better for adjusting multiple parameters at once.

Sorry, but as far as I can tell, what I am asking is to get things away from the touchscreen, and assignable on the controllers. Why would you suggest another touch screen then? It simply doesn’t make sense.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

tap delay footpedal….

Profile photo of CeDoMain
    CeDoMain
    Participant

I would like an option to assign mix keys to the buttons of IP8. If I press an mix Button the IP8 switches all Fader Strips to this mix – like the softkeys on surface.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

that is not how the protocol works, and you will never get that feature. Mix on faders can be done via scene programming though. The IP8 controllers are fixed controllers, that operate with assigned parameters. Sorry, but I think it is simply not a good idea for A&H to invest R&D into a feature, that is basically what you use a surface for. If you want a surface, invest the money.

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

You can assign Mix Keys to the iP8 and iP6 but only if plugged into the surface (I know doesnt make sense sometimes if youre doing surfaceless mixing)

as far as the Rotaries being user definiable They are! On the right hand side of each screen you can assign those soft rotaries as FX parameter control to a specificed FX in the engine, also if you drag MIDI faders down to the desk the rotaries are mapp-able to midi functions.

Just an FYI

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

huh? Im talking about IP controllers, not the surface.

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

Hello

Is there another manual other than AP10354 Issue 1 to IP8?
    That manual is only about starting guide and there is no advanced information to functions with/without surface controlling.

For example:
    The button MIX on IP8 when working with director what is it for? If i press MIX button the faders didnt affect the mix options (AUX) but they are still in normal mode. (the button MIX dont affect them with IP8).

If there is no other manual where should i find more information about using the product?

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.