Costa Rica

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Costa Rica

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lozion Lozion 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Hi, I have been stuck since last November in Costa Rica, txs to Covid.
    Things are slowly picking up again here so I’m in the market for a SQ or QU.
    Is there a A&H distributor in CR? If not, what about importing and shipping a mixer here, what does that entail?

Example:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/intl/allen_heath_qu_16_case_bundle.htm

Txs.

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Zzzzz
    Anybody?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Try to contact sweetwater or thomann, whether they will deliver to CR or not.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

this link
    https://www.desertcart.cr/products/9939082-allen-heath-qu-16-rk19-19-inch-rack-ear-kit-for-qu-16-digital-mixer
    says this

The Allen Heath Store
    from USA to Costa Rica
    in 9-15 days
    At your doorstep by Mar 17 to Mar 23 with standard delivery

They may have SQ or other models Qu

This link
    https://www.allen-heath.com/dist_type/costa-rica/
    shows no dealers in costa rica
    maybe nearby countries ?

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

I hoped for an official word from A&h?
    Thomann says I need to check in with UPS, their carrier. How about they do their job and find me the info so I can finalise the purchase? Jeez, they do want to sell or ?

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

If AH don’t have a distributor in your country then there’s not much they can say officially as the only sell consoles via their distribution network.

I would suggest contacting retailers in your country as they probably have relationships with distributors in other countries already and should be able to source what you need.

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Yeah saw that. Looking into local stores but no luck so far..

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hey Lozion,

please soften your tone. No need to get rude.
    Try support@allen-heath.com if you want direct contact with the company.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I can totally understand Lozion’s frustration. I can’t imagine trying to purchase a product from a company and being told I need to arrange for my own shipping (unless it is so large that it has to be shipped on a crate).

Profile photo of Dilettant
    Dilettant
    Participant

Thomann or any other dealer outside CR won’t know much about importing regularities, duties and freight taxes to countries they don’t even have ship to (and there may be a reason why they decided not to do so).

Also i think A&H may try to help but won’t be able to do much here if there is no local dealer.

I see 2 Ways for you:

1) go to a local dealer that already has similar imported products in its portfolio and ask him to import one for you. He will at least know what to do about freight, duty, formalities and taxes and which logistics partner may do the job.

2) import one yourself. The right partners to ask then is an international active logistics company like UPS. They should be able to tell you what you need to know, at least whom you can ask. Maybe you will need a lawyer, too. Such things are not easy and not cheap.

Besides, you should also think about necessary technical adaptions: Power net voltage and sockets/cables, local laws about fire safety, electric security and so on may have to be checked if you don’t like to be subject to liabilities when something goes wrong. Such a Mixer keeps being an electrical device that sure can lead to severe health damage or fire if broken or handled wrong. So you should check about your obligations by law in the country you are using it.

volounteer
    Participant

WTF doods

I gave a store that would ship to costa rica
    contact them and stop quibbling about some company in Germany that is not prepared to ship
    use the one in usa that is ready to ship
    https://www.desertcart.cr/products/9939082-allen-heath-qu-16-rk19-19-inch-rack-ear-kit-for-qu-16-digital-mixer
    says this The Allen Heath Store from USA to Costa Rica
    At your doorstep in 9-15 days by with standard delivery

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

According to desertcart, I would pay 3680$US for a QU16 delivered to CR. That’s about double the amount Thomann charges (before duty). I believe it is about 45% for customs & duty imports to CR for electronics (still researching).. Ouch.

volounteer
    Participant

@Well *IF* Thomann will deliver to costa rica then use them.
    I understood they wanted you to provide your own transportation and paperwork yada yada.

Your call whether you do the work to get it shipped or pay them to do the work and also ship it to you.

I observe that you would have it this week if you had already ordered when I noted a source that would do it all for you.
    So money or time delay and you do the shipping issues yourself. You choose. I dont care what you do.

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Hey relax there buddy, we are exploring ways to import A&H products in new markets during a Pandemic..

But yeah, txs for the link..

Ps: the follow up email notification system isnt working..

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

But for me it is not enough to import products of A&H. What about local sercice center, availability of spare parts and so on?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.