Corrupted file when updating firmware

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Corrupted file when updating firmware

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gato gato 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

Hi,
    I just received my QU-16, used but appears to be mint condition. This device is complicated compared to my Mixwizard! Current firmware is 1.90 so tried updating. Formated an 8GB memory stick, down loaded the latest firmware, unzipped it and copied to the root directory. Inserted the memory stick an the desk tells me the file is corrupted. Also tried it with an earlier version of the firmware with same result. Would really appreciate some ideas here. My memory stick is probably 4 years old?

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

My guesses given what you’ve said:
    Did you format the drive on the QU-16?
    I’ve never had in issue with firmware updates or backing up/transferring files from any thumb drive. The issues folks have are related to recordings.
    If you formatted correctly, try again starting over with the same thumb drive and/or try a different one.

Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

I did format the memory stick and that seemed to work fine. I ordered a new Sandisk Extreme to see if that cures it because this old stick may be causing issues. I noticed when I recorded on Q-Drive, it put the recordings in the recording folder but not in the play-back folder. Had to copy the wav files manually to the playback folder before the QU could play them back (perhaps routing?) and then they were extremely glitchy. Going from a Zed 10FX is full stun regarding complexity.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.