Copying Shows to/from USB

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Copying Shows to/from USB

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GSLC-Tech GSLC-Tech 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

When you save or update a Show, the information shows a new date/time (which it should). But it looks like when you COPY an existing show either to or from an USB drive, it shows the date of the copy, not the date of the original file. THAT makes things very confusing. Is there a way around or can that be corrected?

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Just curious, where are you seeing this date/time? In my experience, the behavior of all operating systems (in this case Linux) is the same, when a file is created or updated, it is stamped with the current date/time.

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

In Setup-Memory, I select the show residing in my GLD112, then select information. Then if I have a USB stick plugged in, and copy that show from the GLD to the USB stick, then select that just copied show now on the USB stick and now select information, it shows a different time than the time of the original copy (residing on the GLB).

If you copy a file in windows or Linux (cp) the date/time stamps are the same.

BTW, did find a way to crash the GLD. See what happens if while you are updating a show, you plug in a USB stick!

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Hi Bob,

This is the behavior I see when I run a could of commands on my linux workstation:

-bash-4.1$ ls -l combine-sal-ir.gif
    -rw-r–r–. 1 rickk users 10950607 Apr 11 14:41 combine-sal-ir.gif

-bash-4.1$ cp combine-sal-ir.gif test.gif
    -bash-4.1$ ls -lt test.gif
    -rw-r–r–. 1 rickk users 10950607 Apr 12 09:14 test.gif

In this case the date and time change with the cp command.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.