Copying between scenes – it works

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Copying between scenes – it works

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pete Pete 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pete
    Pete
    Participant

I just discovered something rather wonderful on my QU-24. I can copy / paste <Copy><Ch#> / <Paste><Ch#> between scenes. This means that I can record a concert to QU-Drive, play it back, adjust Eq, save this as a scene called Playback. I then <Copy><Ch#> any one channel, load a new scene for the next concert and <Paste><Ch#> into it. I save this scene too after each channel. Now I can tweak all my channel settings in my home studio and optimise the Eq, reverbs, etc. and save them, one at a time to my concert scene. Doing this means I do not have to mess up my entire concert scene or mess with my input sources.

I am sure many people knew this but when I tried it, because I needed it, I was most pleased.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or you can save to channel libraries…

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete
    Participant

Thanks Bob. That bit I knew. I was just happily surprised when I discovered a Windows like clipboard that worked between scenes.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yep, that is also pretty useful – although the computer clipboard was so called two years before Windows existed, so calling it a Windows clipboard is a bit a stretch…

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete
    Participant

You are, of course right. The first time I saw Copy, Cut, Paste was at the 1978 Telcom Expo in Geneva, Switzerland when it was demo’d to me on a Xerox PARC workstation.

Everybody else copied that idea and it has stuck since.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.