Copy and paste and routing in SQ pad, how soon?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Copy and paste and routing in SQ pad, how soon?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Peter Temple Studio Peter Temple Studio 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Peter Temple Studio
    Peter Temple Studio
    Participant

I am curious if some of the very helpful features in the QU-Pad app (which has been great) I have used for many years will be coming to the SQ pad. And how soon an iPad update may be happening? Especially copy and paste by double tap, and a routing matrix, and scene management. I often use all that while on stage during sound check. Running back and forth to the console for copy paste and routing will be especially tedious.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

It seems A&H will withhold those features for any system but Qu. They seem to think it’s not needed for a system that has a surface anyway. With Qu there are surfaceless models, so a fully featured app is necessary for the surfaceless Qu to be useful at all. Even their most expensive system dLive does not have those features in the app. Pity!

Profile photo of Peter Temple Studio
    Peter Temple Studio
    Participant

I highly encourage Allen Heath to make the SQ iPad app as full featured as possible in the editing of parameters-copy, paste, routing, scene management. It really was a big plus to have all that depth on the QU Pad and it seems like that would help this system keep up with other board/iPad apps at this level. I actually just sold my Qu 32 in anticipation of getting the SQ-6 for the upgrade in busses and outputs and inputs, but the app is a big step backward so far for me, and I was surprised at the lack of something that seems like it would not be much trouble to implement. I look forward to seeing how the app develops in future releases. I still own a QU Pac which is still be my system of choice for many smaller events, and partially because of how full featured the app is. I really like working most venues un-tethered to one mix position. I occasionally actually used the QU 32 at side stage like the Qu pac to get more inputs and worked the venue with the app.
    Cheers and thanks for the good gear! I own an SQ6, QU Pac, and have both the 24 input and 16 input stage boxes, and spec’d a local jazz club with a QU 16.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.