Controlling USB audio from GLD editor on a laptop

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Controlling USB audio from GLD editor on a laptop

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GLDAlistair GLDAlistair 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GLDAlistair
    GLDAlistair
    Participant

We’ve recently upgraded to 1.4 on our GLD-80 and I’ve been trying to see how controllable it is from a laptop using GLD Editor in online mode. Generally it’s great – much easier than the iPad version. But like the GLD Remote on the iPad, it won’t allow me to control USB audio. If I’m going to be free of having to sit at the sound desk, the one last thing I need to be able to do us to stop and start recording.

Am I missing something or can you just not do that yet?

Cheers

Alistair

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

I don’t think you can do that. Probably the best hope for getting that functionality is to add the ability to record on one press of a soft key.

Even though I mix from the sound desk, at my church I generally just record the entire service and then edit it down to the content we actually post online (sermons, baptisms, key announcements basically) rather than relying on successfully stopping and starting each segment.

Profile photo of GLDAlistair
    GLDAlistair
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Maybe we’ll just have to start recording the whole thing. We just record sermon and readings at the moment.

The soft key record start/stop would be lovely.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.