Controlling SQ5 over internet

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Controlling SQ5 over internet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr.Si Mr.Si 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Parky
    Parky
    Participant

I am posting this on the suggestion of A&H customer support. I asked;

“I would like to use my SQ5 during musical zoom meetings where a colleague can control my SQ5 over the internet (balancing instruments etc). I would like him to use mixpad to connect to my machine. Can you point me in the right direction? I can use VPN and\or static ip addresses. I am happy to research actual settings/ports etc but any pointers would be appreciated”.

Their reply was:We don’t test SQ MixPad for this so we don’t officially support it. It should be possible and using a VLAN is a good idea.
    In terms of ports: Discovery: 51320
    Server-side: 51326
    UDP Port Numbers start: 51324

Has anyone achieved this and if so what is my best way forward?

Steve

Profile photo of Sam
    Sam
    Participant

Toying with an idea, and if I am incorrect than someone else with more experience can chime in.. But if you can control the SQ-5 with a computer, than I would assume your colleague could use a screen sharing service and control the mix that way?

Apologies for lack of tech know how. But I hope someone with more experience can fill in the gaps of what I am talking about.

Profile photo of STEPHANVS
    STEPHANVS
    Participant

I tried with OpenVPN (both Windows and Android). Mixer is not discovered, but I can connect with manually specifying the IP address. Unfortunately, only the initial connection works, then no update is received and the app disconnects.

Profile photo of Mr.Si
    Mr.Si
    Participant

It would be very cool to be able to do this, just like how the Presonus Metro system works…

Feature Request?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.