Controlling QuPac from Live

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Controlling QuPac from Live

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Bob 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wrthr
    wrthr
    Participant

Has anyone had success setting up NRPN messages from Live to control their Qu mixer?

DAW control doesn’t give me the control I’m looking for since I want to be able to automate mix and send levels, as well as dSnake tracks/mixes, which as far as I can tell DAW control does not extend to.

I’ve been messing around with a few max4live devices that supposedly generate NRPN but I can’t get them to control my QuPac properly. Figured maybe somebody here has already tackled this problem. Any advice would be appreciated!

Profile photo of pt.
    pt.
    Participant

I’ve made a CTRLR panel that controls volume, sends, pan. This can be loaded as a VST plugin or AU plugin.
    There’s another thread regarding this subject somewhere in this forum. For some reason the panel file can’t be uploaded. I can send it to you if you like.

Profile photo of wrthr
    wrthr
    Participant

That sounds outstanding. Yes I’d be very interested if you don’t mind sending me a copy it’d be a huge help and I’d be very grateful!

Profile photo of pt.
    pt.
    Participant

I’ve send you the Ctrlr panel file. Have a look to see if you can figure out how to modify it to your liking. With the Qu MIDI manual that’s available at the A&H website it should be fairly easy. I’m using it in Logic and it gives me sort of a total recall of the mix.

I’m really missing the syses dump feature that older digital mixers had (e.g. the A&H 428, Yamaha 01v, 02r, 01v96). That was a very good feature allowing full total recall. I’m surprised that – as far as I’m aware – no digital mixer has a AU/VST plugin that allows total recall/intergration from a DAW (just like e.g. Elektron Overbridge, Access Virus TI or the Moog Minitaur editor). That would really enhance workflow. I’ve tried mixing in the box using Motu interfaces but that doesn’t suit my way of working. I’m a hardware guy and run all my MIDI gear in real-time. The audio interface route is very flexible but can’t stand the latency of it ;).

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Greetings… I know it’s been a while since this thread was active, but I find myself in the same situation with Qu Pac and Live 10. I need to drive the Qu Pac remotely. Due to security concerns, Qu Pad (or anything else via WiFi) is not an option. Any suggestions would be a great help!
    Thanks in advance – bob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.