Controlling Output

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Controlling Output

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ABAG Soundboard
    ABAG Soundboard
    Participant

Hello all. NEW SOUND PERSON here. I’ve been doing sound on an old peavy board. our church just got the QU32 and it’s blown my mind lol. I use the 2 outputs (Alt Out and 2trk out) to send audio feeds to 2 different computers via line in. how do I actually adjust what’s sent out of those 2 feeds? This is just what we’ve chosen for now so we don’t need to buy new cables. I’m sure there’s an easier way but just humor for now, making those recommendations won’t help right now. I just need to know how to adjust that output signal or need to know if it’s just tied directly to the main output.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…maybe checking out the documentation and the block diagram would help a lot… 😉
    Tape Out is directly connected to LR outputs, just TRS instead of XLR.
    Alt Out can be patched to various sources (see Setup->Output Patch->Surface, Manual section 8.11).

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d suggest curling up in a comfy chair with the manual…

The Alt output have a physical volume control, so that needs to be carefully managed 😉

ABAG Soundboard
    Participant

Thanks. I’ve read the manual, it’s not very helpful. It’s not that big.. 30 pages or something, whatever came with the board but not really much of a “how to use” kind of thing. the installers coming back tuesday for a follow up but I thought I’d check in here first. I’m a pretty quick learner, and what I can’t figure out there’a always youtube & forums. I’m at a small (less than 200) church so budget = next to nothing for pro help. I saw Alt Out has it’s own volume master, but i can’f find the Alt MIX, not the 2tkr MIX. I’ll check out the manual again as well. Thanks

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

30 pages? The Qu Mixer Reference Guide has some 80+

…in V1.7 manual output patch is chapter 10.11 (page 63)…

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Alt Out and 2track are just output choices for connection. The Alt Out program can be selected from the menu while the 2track is always the L/R mains program.

Use the online manual, not the wimpy printed thing. Be patient.

ABAG Soundboard
    Participant

Great! So 2track is linked directly to our “house” the main L/R. I’ll check the menu’s for the Alt out. The book tells you what everything is but not really how to utilize it(which is why people go to school for audio/ audio mixing). I wish we had a budget to pay for someone to run our sound but it’s just me the IT guy that got roped into it 10 years ago lol. I just know the enough to be dangerous I suppose because I’ve taken the time to help & learn what I have myself. Thanks again for the information.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The manual describes what is…

Hardware is…
    Software can change so it makes no sense to give you information that is old in some weeks
    and one can easily find the current online…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.