Control QU-Drive playback with MIDI?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Control QU-Drive playback with MIDI?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Good Sounds
    Good Sounds
    Participant

Hey folks,

My name is Dwight and I own Good Sounds. We are an AVL integrator just outside of Pittsbugh and an Allen and Heath dealer. We also do a tremendous amount of theatrical sound production. One program we use extensively is called Palladium and it allows us to build and run a theatrical production with a cue based system. I just recently picked up a QU32 for our inventory and am familiar with its operation. We use several other consoles for our shows as well but they operate with Palladium over OSC protocol. However, I am not a MIDI programmer and that is what the QU32 uses to talk with Palladium.

One thing we do is program the sound FX to be cued with Palladium on the board’s USB player. My question is: can the QU-Drive transport keys be controlled with MIDI commands? I am able to run a show on the QU32 and control mutes, faders, EQ and most other functions that are necessary. But I haven’t figured out if the QU-Drive can be controlled.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

At least QuDrive control is not documented in the current Qu Mixer MIDI Protocol documentation. I’d suggest to add a feature request, since this already works for the Apps, which use a different control channel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.