Control of digital stage boxes via software and not by a physical console?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Control of digital stage boxes via software and not by a physical console?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of barmaley barmaley 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Smalltown Jim
    Smalltown Jim
    Participant

Can any of the A&H I/O expansion, stage boxes be operated directly from Windows or MAC based software?

I’m particularly interested in using hardware in the DX, GT or DT range of I/O boxes that provide 96KHz sample rates, this would be for an installation, where for the majority of the time no physical console is required, I know that A&H do have boxes that can operate in this mode, ideally I would like to use hardware that is compatible with the SQ range of consoles.

Thanks in advance;
    Jim.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

only the DANTE enabled stageboxes are compatible to devices outside the A&H world

every other type of “stagebox” needs a desk for control and audio transport
    without the consoles it is not possible to change parameters or get the audio data processed or converted

Profile photo of Smalltown Jim
    Smalltown Jim
    Participant

Thanks for the info Steffen.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Allen Heath just released the AHM-64 processor for installs that will interface with
    their various stage boxes.
    AHM 64 Link

The QU Pac works well for installs, the Q Control APP is great to give operators just the control they need and nothing more.

Profile photo of barmaley
    barmaley
    Participant

I agree with Steffen here, as far as I know only the DANTE devices are compatible with Windows and Mac. When i was looking for a stage hire though I have come across some stage boxes that had multiple compatibilities in their description. i am not sure if that’s what you are looking for but maybe it can be helpful. I also remember when a friend of mine threw a party and he used a stage box that he connected to his iMac, he bought it from the same place if I remember right. maybe give it try, maybe that’s what you need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.