Control Mix Fader Levels from LR/Layer A?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Control Mix Fader Levels from LR/Layer A?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ioTon ioTon 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JP
    JP
    Participant

I’m working on simplifying my SQ-5 setup so that it’s as easy as possible for staff to use, but I’m coming up short on setting up one function.

So I’ve got an AUX that feeds a set of speakers, and that aux usually includes say, inputs 1,2,3,4 but not 5

On LR I want all five inputs.

But sometimes I want to bring up input 5 on the AUX speakers too.

Right now we switch to the aux mix, bring up the fader for input 5 and switch back to LR to do this.

But I have lots of unused faders, so I was hoping to set one up to “remote control” the level of input 5 on the aux. That way we have immediate control without switching mixes.

I thought a DCA was the way to do this but after looking into it more I’m not so sure — any tips? What’s the right way to do this, or is it even possible?

Thanks!!

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

The most easy way to do this is to double patch that input to a second channel, let’s say channel 6. Make sure that channel 6 is not routed to the main mix.
    If you set channel 6 post fader in your aux mix you can adjust the volume by moving up the fader in the main mix.
    Other solution (which might be easier) is to have channel 6 pre fader in your aux mix and simply turn channel 6 on and off. Make sure that channel 6 is not sent to the main mix.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of JP
    JP
    Participant

Amazing – Thanks Jeroen! I’ll give it a shot.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

If you wouldn’t waste a second channel, you can realize your need with the use of the Midi Faders of the SQ.
    You’ll need an external device like a PC or the Bomebox to get this midi command and send it back to the SQ to control the sendlevel of an certain channel to an certain mixbus…

Ok a bit tricky, but will work! πŸ˜‰

I’m using an external Faderwing to realize such targets.
    So I can offer a fixed fader to control let’s say the sendlevel of an specific channel to the FX Engine…

btw. other brands can offer this in board…
    πŸ˜‰

greetings,
    dd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.