Control alt-out level through Qu-Pad?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Control alt-out level through Qu-Pad?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of captnjones captnjones 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kunnagh
    Kunnagh
    Participant

I might be being very dull here, but I can’t see how it’s possible to control the alt-out level through the Qu-Pad app. We’re a church install, and use the alt-out levels on our QU-16 for a set of additional speakers in the front area of the church, whereas the main speakers are providing sound to the main body of the church. We need to control the two areas separately. What am I missing?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Kunnagh,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to control the Alt Out trim in the app as this is an analogue control on the surface.

A way to gain control of this output is to assign it to a mix bus. This way, you can set the analogue level of the output to roughly the right setting and then use the mix bus for fine tuning.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Kunnagh
    Kunnagh
    Participant

OK, thanks for the quick response. We do have mix buses spare, so I’ll give that a go.

Cheers

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

@kunnagh, the suggestion from Alex is the way to go. Feeding that speaker zone from a Mix bus will give you processing (EQ, Delay, Compression) that the Alt out doesn’t have.
    Just make sure that everything you assign to that Mix bus is Post Fader so that it will follow your mix levels on the Main layer.

Profile photo of Kunnagh
    Kunnagh
    Participant

Brilliant, thank you. 🤓

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes very good to remember this.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of magicbus
    magicbus
    Participant

Ah, you know I’m glad I read this thread. I was going to use the Alt out instead of the Mains out for the next gig, but now that I see the Alt Out does not carry with it the processing (not sure how I missed that) I will use the mains or a spare mix bus. Thanks.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

the Alt Out does not carry with it the processing

The alt out carries whatever you assign to it. Could be a single channel pre-everything direct out, could be a copy of the fully process master mix. I use it to send the cue bus to an iPad for a spectrum analyzer.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

“Ah, you know I’m glad I read this thread. I was going to use the Alt out instead of the Mains out for the next gig, but now that I see the Alt Out does not carry with it the processing (not sure how I missed that) I will use the mains or a spare mix bus. Thanks.”

The Alt Out DOES carry the processing of whatever source you assign.

It DOES NOT provide the further processing available using Group, Mix or Matrix outs.

Profile photo of captnjones
    captnjones
    Participant

Hi
    Ive been jumping the aLt out to 15-16 (not lr assigned) and routing to a stereo mix this way my monitors cArry a replica of foh ( yes it has the lr geq already but i dont mind i cinishe up with the geq on the new mix)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.