Continuing to have the swirling sound

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Continuing to have the swirling sound

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rocketman Rocketman 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rocketman
    Rocketman
    Participant

I know I have a post started on this subject before and I have tried some of the suggestions offered. This is not a problem that accures all the time.
    So let me start from scratch and tell you what our system consists of. We are using a Qu-16, out LR (Foh) to 2JBL powered Prx 800 series 18″ subs, jump from the sub to a pair of JBL powered PRX 800 15″ tops so as to use the built in subs X-over. Last night we played a small venue and we were doing our sound check all was good till I got to the vocals and guitars. Two of the vocals had that swirling sound, 1 mic was a EV 767, the other mic was a wireless handheld 58 mic, this is with all the effects off. I Had to re EQ them and was able to get them to sound better. The swirling seemed to stop? Not sure why?. The other 2 vocalist microphones sounded fine. So Than I started to mix the guitars one, Les paul studio playing through a fractal ax8 unit, the other a PRS custom using the fractal axfx 3, both had that swirling sound. Now I can tell u that we all use IEM monitors. I AM THE GUITARIST USING THE Axfx 3. I have the bands mix coming from the Qu’s mix output 7 & 8 as a stereo sub mix going into a Asly M206 line mixer and sent to a 900series sure in ear system and I heard NO swirling sound in My IEM’s. We played the night before at a different club and had NO ISSUES… I had saved the mix from the night before and called it up last night and had all these issues. Could this be a electric issue in the club itself. Is anyone having this same problem? I also did try changing the phase on the microphones and it didn’t help. The sound is almost like someone has a Phaser pedal running. All the feect both in the mixer and our guitars were off. It made the microphones & guitars sound like they were in a tunnel and nasal. But Through my sub mixer and IEM system it sound Awesome. Any ideas?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Could you post a clip of the audio of a link? Actually making a board mix recording with the Q Drive using the L R main mix can you hear it in the recording?

My gut feeling is somehow an input or a mix is being sent back into it self.

When you hear it start muting input channels and see what happens.

Building electrical issue would not cause this.

Rocketman
    Participant

I will try that this weekend if it does it. I had another odd thing happen last night. On the LR mix I turned my guitar slider all the way off and was the getting sound from my guitar through the main speakers… my monitor mix was muted. Correct me if I’m wrong but shouldn’t that have turned my guitar off in the main speakers?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if your send to FX from the guitar is pre fader it will not get off when the fader is down.

Rocketman
    Participant

Everything on the board is set prefader… are referring to just the guitar channels FX sends? I will say that I don’t run any FX’s on either guitar from the mixer. Could you explain a bit more… this could be my problem…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.