contant clicking in ME-1 feeds

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions contant clicking in ME-1 feeds

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pcunite pcunite 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dallas
    Dallas
    Participant

We have a newly installed Qu-24 and ME-1 system. The Qu-24 feeds an unmanaged Netgear PoE switch when then sends the audio/power to the platform jacks. Last night 1 of the ME-1 units started “clicking”. It was a constant background click. I swapped input feeds and traded PoE for non PoE feed with external power supply. The issue stayed with the ME-1. This morning the issue is now in a second and third unit. In the third unit it is not as apparent. Has anyone come across this and/or have suggestions for where to look or troubleshoot?

The Qu-24 to Netgear switch run is about 100′, the switch is in a rack behind the platform and the feed to the platform are about 50′.

Thanks Dallas.

Profile photo of Coop
    Coop
    Participant

I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Profile photo of Dallas
    Dallas
    Participant

Yes, I spoke with tech support and we changed network switches. We had a Netgear that was unmanaged but had several options for set-up, including “storm casting” or something similar with a known conflict with the A&H protocol. I went to a Trendnet TPS-88e? Regardless, the issue is gone and all is working well. Plus the Trendnet has 135w available for the PoE so no issues powering 7 ME-1.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Amazon reviews of the Trendnet keep referring to a noisy fan. How is this fan in a gigging situation?

Profile photo of tomheuze
    tomheuze
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem today with my 4 ME-1.

My switch is: BV-Tech 8 Port & 1 port uplink, 150 W 10/100Mbps, sw801 PoE Switch
    https://www.poedepot.com/poe/switches/bv-sw800e-8-port-120w-network-power-over-ethernet-switch.html

I do not find the Trendnet TPS-88e…

Do you have a switch POE model is working with ME-1 ?

Thanks a lot.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Is there a management interface at all on this switch? If there is any protocol running at all other than the broadcast dSnake audio, you will be able to hear this in the ME-1, because the dSnake protcol uses all of the available bandwidth. As a general rule, disable everything.

Is there any clicking if you plug an ME-1 directly into your mixer? If it works when directly connected, then I suppose the problem must be ‘something’ to do with the switch, but without having one here I cannot offer a more detailed explanation. If you are familiar with Wireshark, you could hook that up to the switch and see if there are any ever any packets that are not from the A&H OUI, but if there is no management interface then there wouldn’t be anything you could do about packets generated by the switch anyway.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

tomheuze
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

I test a capture wireshark (see attachments…)but i don’t see any packets that are not from the A&H …

Is there any clicking if you plug an ME-1 directly into your mixer? No, when i powered ME1 directly, i have not this problem.

I have this problem only with my switch, and it is not a manageable switch.

Do you know another model of POE switch for ME1 ?

Thanks

Thomas

Profile photo of Dallas
    Dallas
    Participant

The issue we found out was a total PoE allocation issue. Each ME-1 needs 15w of PoE and many switches will provide that per port, however, they have total limit of say 50w. If this is the case then you could only hook up 3 ME-1 units. Our switch was a bit short of power, found a switch to handle total PoE load the problem was solved.

tomheuze
    Participant

Hi,

Ok thanks.

I search a poe switch with this caracteristics.

If you know a model which works with me1, please contact me.

Thanks a lot.

tomheuze
    Participant

Sorry but i see the different switch, and i don t understand the problem with the power of my switch.

My switch power budget is 150w, so i think it s normally a good caracteristics ?! No ?

And with only one me 1 i have the problem…

Do you think this switch is good :

https://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/au/smb_switches_poe/gs-1008p/

Thank you

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Some users have listed switches that are working for them in this thread:

Me1 system And standard poe switch

For your wireshark capture, you need to filter out packets with the A&H OUI. However, if the switch is unmanaged, there won’t be much point in doing this, as you will have no way to fix any problems that you might find.

– Jeff, A&H

tomheuze
    Participant

Hi,

Yes thank you.
    I see this topics before when i have buy my switch and i have buy the model of “Take Note”:
    “BV-Tech. POE-SW801. 8 port Poe switch. $80.00 on Amazon. It works great.”. But with me it’s not work 🙂

I try to buy Edimax GS-1008P and i hope it will work…

Thanks

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Tomheuze,

Did the Edimax GS-1008P work correctly for you?

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

After almost two years of use the Edimax 1008 still works flawlessly for me.No clicks, no bugs.
    And it`s fanless…

Profile photo of pcunite
    pcunite
    Participant

I just had to deal with this very issue and a MikroTik CRS112-8P-4S-IN PoE switch. It would click every 60 seconds. The fix was turning off Discovery Interfaces as shown under the IP / Neighbors menu.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.