Console in Off-Line Mode

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Console in Off-Line Mode

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of EliAudio EliAudio 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I can run dLive Director either connected to my Mixrack or off-line where it’s not connected to anything, but I can use it to program shows.

I’d like to be able to run my consoles in an off-line mode so that I can program shows on them, too. Much easier than programming on dLive Director.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I probably didn’t understand the question…
    if you turned on the console to create the show, why do you want to run it offline ??

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

I think he means ‘surface’ in offline mode, which makes sense. Personally I like that I know that I have contact to the mixrack, but perhaps it could be a boot process (hold down ‘x’ while booting).

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I think he means ‘surface’ in offline mode, which makes sense.

Correct. Surface only. My surfaces reside in my studio, but my mixrack stays in my trailer.

Wolfgang
    Participant

Okay, then I understand the question.

The problem is that the Director software works offline like an entire system, but online it only reacts like a surface.
    The signal processing is in the mixrack, which is needed for online operation. I think that’s familiar.
    But you just can’t connect an offline system to an online surface (and director), that usually doesn’t make any real sense.

there are certainly very few users for the task in hand, i.e. “semi-offline”. So I’m assuming they don’t program that.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

I still don’t think you understand what he is asking for. It is a task that is performed on all other consoles, and there is no good reason why you shouldn’t be able to do that on a dLive surface.

Basically, a surface is just a computer with imbedded software. There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to pre-program a show without the mixrack connected to the surface.

Profile photo of Spac
    Spac
    Participant

Loving the director for programming shows/scenes on the couch. Would like to see some kind of signal confirmation feature to double check routing etc. Either a tone or track. Would also be helpful in learning features and presets for new users.

Wolfgang
    Participant

In offline mode this is certainly difficult to implement.
    But you can be sure that the patchpoints are set when they are displayed as set.
    In the upper row you can check again where the signals go or where they come from. Just click one point in the upper row and a text field will appear.

Profile photo of Runepune
    Runepune
    Participant

Basically, a surface is just a computer with imbedded software. There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to pre-program a show without the mixrack connected to the surface.

The dLive surface is just a control surface. All processing is done in the mixrack.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

Uhhh, yes. We know how dLive works…

Profile photo of EliAudio
    EliAudio
    Participant

+1 on the offline surface…

But I do get the implications!
    The surface needs instructions from the mix-engine to do even a basic channel layout, showfiles are even kept in the CMD/DM-engine, so there would have to be a preserved place to store showfiles made on an offline console… etc

In the case of a Dlive console it will probably be more to it, but basically it’s nothing more than a midi-controller, the software isn’t inside the controller but in the computer you’re trying to control with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.