Considering secondhand purchase idr10 / iLive112

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Considering secondhand purchase idr10 / iLive112

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith
    Keith
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    I am considering purchase of an idr10 with 6 ip strips, 3 analogue out, 1 dig out and a remote audio strip (along with psu and engine of course), paired with iLive 112.
    I ma just wondering about reliability and common faults on this (now becoming venerable) kit. It will be used not very heavily, but I hope to get another 10 years or so out of it.
    Any comments or recommendations welcome.

Thanks,

Keith.

Profile photo of Keith
    Keith
    Participant

Well, I have taken the plunge and bought it. I might be back here if I get stuck. Still I am interested to hear about reliability issues and things to look out for.
    Thanks,

Keith.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@keith

I think you are optimistic to think any electronics especially used would keep working another ten years.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

things to look out for are dying preamp boards and touch screen PC’s

keep it clean inside the iDR and the surface will extend the life of it
    regular maintenance will definitely help

A&H Technical Support will help if something happens and of course feel free to post your questions here…

Profile photo of Keith
    Keith
    Participant

Thanks, Steffen.
    It is mostly going to be used with an early music ensemble, so not the beer spill and smoke machine experience. I hope to look after it well.
    All the best,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

There are a few of us that keep various spares for the iLive series, myself I only keep the modular series and a few expanders, nothing really for the T series.
    The remote audio boards can be an issue if they go wrong I have not found a way of fixing them. Generally if treat with a little respect they are quite reliable.
    Ian B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.