connection to video camera

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions connection to video camera

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stupaak stupaak 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of adriangunner
    adriangunner
    Participant

Hello ! i am trying to record the audio from the QU-32. Could anybody advise which output is best to feed to the video camera? I’m assuming its either the AES Out or Alt Out or 2TRK out – but i’m not sure ! Maybe i could just use one of the mixes just fed to the camera? any suggestions would be very welcomed – Thank you!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

A Matrix is usually my first choice followed by an Aux. POST fade on the Aux and all faders at 0db to start, then minor adjustments to set the “differences” between that mix and the main mix.

Profile photo of Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Audio being sent to a video camera will be analogue not digital (AES)
    Therefore any of the line level ourputs you have spare will be good. Be sure to set the Camera INPUTS to line or youll be +40db hot and distort .
    Main outs / groups out / bus out, Aux out all fine but be sure that where you feed it from dfollows the mix as you require!
    Monitor end of chain Iie camera)
    Peter

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Don’t know if this will help, but when I was video recording my daughters YT singing videos. I recorded her vocal to a DAW using Q32 then added the music and vocals to the video using a video editor. My camera didn’t have XLR connection. My next one will. Hope this helps.

Stupaak

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What make and model camera are you planning to use. If it has XLR inputs set them to line level first and then we can determine the best output to use in your case.
    If you camera only has a mini 3.5mm TRS jack there’s a little more involved to
    make it work right.

Scott’s suggestions are good and there are a dozen variations from there if you want to customize it.

Profile photo of ABE-ALO
    ABE-ALO
    Participant

Hi Stupaak! Quick Question. what video editing software did you use?

-ABE

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Hello ABE My video editor of choice is Final Cut Pro X. It only runs on Macs

Have a great day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.