Connection Lost During Scene Recall

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Connection Lost During Scene Recall

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dymondaudio dymondaudio 6 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mturner
    mturner
    Participant

We have an iLive T112 dual rack system (idr64 and idr16) in our church. It’s a fixed installation. It’s been running great for 2 years or so but suddenly starting having issues recalling scenes.

When a scene is recalled it looks like it is working but then changes to a “Connection Lost” screen. It states “Connection to surface lost”. If we then shut the board down and reboot, it boots with the recalled scene. The board works fine other than this one issue.

We were on v1.91 firmware so I upgraded to v1.94 and restored the show from a thumb drive but the issue persists.

I have disconnected external Ethernet connections so it’s just the surface and the two mixracks connected via ACE. No change to the problem.

When I have Ethernet connected, I can ping each max rack, the surface, and the touchscreen on their respective IP addresses.

I have iLive Editor v1.94 and it connects just fine as well but Scen recalls from it have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Profile photo of mturner
    mturner
    Participant

Here’s a screenshot. It’s cut off but the bottom line reads “Mix Rack connected OK” on the bottom right.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

By chance have you tried this with a fresh, new show? Possibly you have a corrupt show file?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I had a similiar problem and it was clearly related to some IP adress conflicts I overlooked…

Profile photo of benmannell
    benmannell
    Participant

Hi mturner, did you find a solution to this problem? I have a T112 and iDR48 which has just developed the exact same problem. I don’t have time to troubleshoot it just yet, as I have a show tonight which I’ll have to use my T80 for!
    But I’m getting these error messages:

Ping of Host (192.168.1.82) Failed (that’s the surface IP – yes my IP addresses are set correctly)

192.168.1.83 Disconnected (AHNet)

***** TraceError message repeated:613093 TraceError message:- mSourcePath = "192.168.1.82/Control Surface TFT Rotary" mDestinationPath = "Scene Manager Scene List" mSourceParameter (PARAMETER_BASE Adjusted) = 4 mDestinationParameter (PARAMETER_BASE Adjusted) = 4
    mSyncToSource = false mBidirectionalLink = false mRemoveLink = false mRequestingClass = Null mCallbackInterface = Null
    (ciLiveManagerBase.java:258)

***** TraceError message repeated:613093 TraceError message:- FINDING_SOURCE Can't find = "192.168.1.82/Control Surface TFT Rotary" ConnectionId:65535 Handle:65535(ciLiveManagerBase.java:258)

**** TraceError message repeat exceeds 10 TraceError message:- mSourcePath = "192.168.1.82/Control Surface TFT Rotary" mDestinationPath = "Scene Manager Scene List" mSourceParameter (PARAMETER_BASE Adjusted) = 4 mDestinationParameter (PARAMETER_BASE Adjusted) = 4
    mSyncToSource = false mBidirectionalLink = false mRemoveLink = false mRequestingClass = Null mCallbackInterface = Null
    (cSystemBuilder.java:421)

**** TraceError message repeat exceeds 10 TraceError message:- FINDING_SOURCE Can't find = "192.168.1.82/Control Surface TFT Rotary" ConnectionId:65535 Handle:65535(cSystemBuilder.java:420)

mSourcePath = "192.168.1.82/Control Surface TFT Rotary" mDestinationPath = "Scene Manager Scene List" mSourceParameter (PARAMETER_BASE Adjusted) = 4 mDestinationParameter (PARAMETER_BASE Adjusted) = 4
    (cSystemBuilder.java:421)

FINDING_SOURCE Can't find = "192.168.1.82/Control Surface TFT Rotary" ConnectionId:65535 Handle:65535(cSystemBuilder.java:420)

Lost Comms to Unit192.168.1.82

Profile photo of dbuurman
    dbuurman
    Participant

Gents, curious if anyone discovered the fix to this problem before I start trouble shooting in more detail.
    In my particular case, when I reboot I also loose certain IDR Mix Rack channel assignment after the connection is lost going between scenes.

Profile photo of benmannell
    benmannell
    Participant

I would look closely at your Cat5 cable during your troubleshooting. I can’t remember exactly how I resolved this, but I’ve a funny feeling it was a poor shield connection, or bad power distribution causing ground loop on the cat5 shield…

Profile photo of dbuurman
    dbuurman
    Participant

Thanks Ben. Cable was all custom and I actually have two Cat6 cables. 1 is primary and another as secondary. I had tried the secondary cable and problem still occurred. The issues happens when going between scenes. It says lost connection and I need to restart. I tend to think it’s a corrupt scene file. Only issue with that is I can’t save it if it’s corrupt which means programming from scratch.

I also noticed this weekend that the gain structure in the MixRack has increased. I needed to reduce the Mic Sensitivity from -18db to -30db to reduce feedback as well as reduce the master trim. It’s all very weird and annoying. Maybe it’s a good time to look at the GLD80 or maybe DLive.

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Did you ever find the cause / solution to this dropping connection issue?

I have a similar issue which I’m confident is ip address related but any other info would be great

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.