Connecting to different make monitor desk

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Connecting to different make monitor desk

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gil Gil 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

Hi
    Ive been using a iLive t112 with mixrack idr48 doing monitors from F.O.H early next year going out on tour with a separate monitor desk which will be a Yamaha M7 anyone got any ideas on the best way to connect the two together keeping it all neat and tidy.

Dave

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Dave –

There is perhaps a solution with Dante, but due to the cost/complexity, I would prefer an onstage analog split. You would be assured completely independent channel processing (no preamp sharing) and if either mixer had issues, you could easily substitute any of a number of temp desks. How many channels will you require? Something like one or more of the “poor man’s splitter”

https://www.audiopile.net/products/Stagelink_snakes/Poorman_splitter_snakes/PSX-S_poorman_spliter_snakes_cutsheet.shtml

could be an inexpensive solution, or perhaps a build-it-yourself rack splitter.

Cheers,

Tim Tyler

Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

probably will need to have at least 40 channels

Dave

Profile photo of Gil
    Gil
    Participant

If you are set in the M7, than you can use Dante, but you would need 3 Dante cards on the M7 to get all the Dante channels. It may be price prohibited.
    If you go for the CL3 or CL5, it uses Dante natively and all you would need would be the Dante card on the iDr rack.
    GLD-112 may be a great option. Specially if you are using Aviom or plan on getting a ME system. It would also be a cheaper option and the OS is similar enough to iLive that volunteers wouldnt be too scared.

My 2 cents

Gil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.