Connecting SQ5 to AR2412 and ??

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Connecting SQ5 to AR2412 and ??

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Armin
    Armin
    Participant

Hello everyone. English is not my fisrt language, so pleas excuse my grammer and spelling.
    We use a SQ5 with an AR2412 and ME-1 for our musical productions. This year I need to place the band at another position than my amps and input channels of my singers. Is it possible to have a connection with for example an AB168 which goes like this:

SQ5 -> AB168 -> AR2412 -> ME1

To clarify: I don’t need to expand my 24 input channels, I just need some of these at 40m to the side of my amps and 10 of my other input channels. And I can’t place an analog multicore directly from my SQ5 to the band, plus I need the ME1 connection.

So basicly it comes down to this: Can I connect the SQ5 to the AR2414 with another stagebox between them?

Thank you very much.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

I think (based on what I have seen and heard other users do) that you would need to connect it:

SQ5 -> AR2412 -> AB168
    And the AR2412 -> ME1

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @armin,

No – you cannot connect the AR2412 as a second expander, it must always be directly connected to the mixer.
    (you can connect the ME system to either the monitor output or the AB168 or both at the same time though)

All possible SQ dSnake setups are shown in this document – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SLinkConnections_V1_5_0.pdf#page=3&zoom=auto,-273,580

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Armin
    Armin
    Participant

Hi Soren,
    thanks for your answer. I didn’t know that the AR2412 could link to another stagebox. Do you know if the setup you described is possible with two AR2412? SQ5-> AR2412 -> AR2412 -> ME1
    Because I already got two of those. 😉

Thanks,
    Armin

Profile photo of Armin
    Armin
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    thank you for your answer and for the link. That helps me a lot!

Cheers,

Armin

Profile photo of Yooo
    Yooo
    Participant

SQ5>DX168>DX32 ? @KeithJ A&H

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

No.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.