Connecting Protools with SQ Mixer IO port

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Connecting Protools with SQ Mixer IO port

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joseph Joseph 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

Can you please explain how to connect to Protools using SQ mixer IO Port for multi-track recording?

Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

Also please explain can I connect Protools using USB port for multi-track recording?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

there are more options available… Dante, Waves or USB
    and it depends on your computer

Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

Hi Stecfen,
    I have laptop with windows 10 os and Protocols 11.

Please let me know what all I required? Can I do multi track recording using SQ USB?

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

USB is limited to 32 tracks, Dante does 64

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t use protools, but I assume it works in much the same way as other DAWs….

With the appropriate drivers installed on your computer, I guess you’ll then choose your SQ as the input device (and probably output too) from the protools preferences, then for each channel you want to record, you’ll be able to choose which SQ output it needs to be. Once done, probably best saved as a project template, as it can be a time consuming task!

In your SQ, you can assign just about anything to the USB outputs up (to a total of 32) in the routing section, inputs, groups, mixes, effects returns etc – check that you’re routing them to the USB B outputs.

Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

Thank you Steffen and Mark.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.