Connecting external effect (Im a newb)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Connecting external effect (Im a newb)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of AuiB AuiB 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AuiB
    AuiB
    Participant

Hello good people

I’ve had this mixer for about 4 months now and like it a lot. It’s my first mixer so I didn’t know much what I was getting into.

Today I bought an external effect and am having trouble connecting it to logic pro X. I’ve had many feedback noises in my attempts and am beginning to be afraid I might be causing some damage to my speakers. I’ve searched the manual and these forums but the only information I’ve found seems to be aimed at people with more ground knowledge than myself.

I have connected 2x XLR from mix output 9-10 into my effect, and back from the effect outputs into ST2. What I was hoping to achieve is having the effect on multiple channels in my DAW, and using the mixer to send different ammounts of the effect to each channel within Logic.

Hope I managed to convey my problem and would appreciate any information helping me connecting this.

Best regards

Profile photo of AuiB
    AuiB
    Participant

Update

After shutting down the computer and only using my setup wtih the live instruments/mixer/effects I’ve figures out how everything works and how I send my effect to the mixer with various settings.

I guess my only problem is connecting this setup to Logic but I only seem to get a dry signal there. Im asking on apple forums as well and hope this post is still relevant on QU forums. If I get a solution I’ll post it here so it might help someone in the future.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.