Connecting Eleven Rack to QU-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Connecting Eleven Rack to QU-16

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Harley
    Harley
    Participant

Anyone have a best solution idea to connect an Eleven Rack to a Qu-16? Most things online say you best bet is S/PDIF but there are no S/PDIF ports on the QU. I understand you can connect through the main outputs but I’m not sure how to go about doing that.

I’m using Logic Pro X by the way.

Thanks for the help!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

https://www.avid.com/US/products/Eleven-Rack#Specifications
    There are a couple of XLRs on that, so grab an XLR or two and hook it up as any other balanced input.

Profile photo of Harley
    Harley
    Participant

Bob you’re a super star thanks for the reply on both posts! I popped an XLR into the L main out (mono) on the Rack into the XLR jack in channel one and it works but now I get lots of hum and the guitar sounds far away or like its being played in the back of a huge room. Did I plug in wrong?

Thanks again for all the help! I already responded to the post on the other forum.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Probably gain structure issues, you need to check the input level into the rack, and make sure it is running at a decent level (in an analogue world I’d say around unity, but check the rack manual), then do the same for the output, then dial that level in on the QU.

I strongly suspect that the “distant” and “hum” are both issues before the QU preamps.

Of course also check the battery if your guitar needs one!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Safest solution is using 2 standard XLR cable (xlr-female to xlr-male) connect the Main Outputs of the eleven-rack with 2inputs of the Qu-16 and link these inputs on the qu-16 together! Check your gain structure (PFL the input channel on Qu-16 and set them to a good level between green and orange LED!) if it is too loud reduce volume on your eleven rack!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.