Connecting Avantis to SQ

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Connecting Avantis to SQ

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kize Kize 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Daniel Blaine
    Daniel Blaine
    Participant

Hello,

I am working on an upgrade to our church audio equipment to have 2 separate mixers for FOH and Livestream moving forward.

My aim is to have an Avantis at FOH, then linked to an SQ in livestream.

Firstly, is this possible?
    Secondly, what cards will I need to make this happen? Have seen a few threads suggesting GigaAce or Dante for a digital split.

Thanks,
    Dan

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

Both cards would work. But if you have any other Dante devices (or hope to) that may be the way to go. You would need to buy a Dante card for both Avantis and SQ. If you purchase a Giga-ace you would only need one card… Avantis/Giga-ace > SQ/S-Link. Dante is more money but ultimately more flexible.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The benefit of giga-ace in the avantis that you don’t need a laptop for routing, every thing can be done in the console’s.
    You only need 1 card, the gigaace card for avantis/dlive.
    If you go the dante way you need an expensive dante card in the avantis and a dante card in the sq.
    Dante is more flexible but if you don’t need this i would go for the gigaace option.

Profile photo of Kize
    Kize
    Participant

We have the Avantis FOH and SQ for our livestream at church. I’m using the GigaAce and Slink port which works great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.