Connecting an AB168 to QU32?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Connecting an AB168 to QU32?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GUMCSound
    GUMCSound
    Participant

We are connecting an AB168 stage box to our QU32 board in our church sanctuary. We have tried it with about a 100 foot Cat6 cable and it works fine.
    But that was connected with a single cable just laid along the edge of the wall to get from the AV booth to the stage. Now that is it proven to work, we are looking to install hidden cables, through conduit under the floors and have a question about terminating the cables.

Our test used a single cable plugged directly into the QU32 and the AB168. When we run the actual, under the floor cable, we are thinking of terminating it at a wall plate on each end then using a short ethernet patch cable from the QU32 to the wall and also on the other end for wall to AB168. The hidden cable length will most likely be longer than the one we tested with, probably about 150 or 200 feet to get to the conduit and up to the stage.

My question is whether the extra connections at a wall plate on each end and short patch cables affect the performance?
    Should we use wall plates and patch cables or would we be better off with just a long cable terminated with male ends that can plug directly into the AB168 & QU32?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Done this many times. I would suggest your long run be CAT6 Shielded. Then use plates with Ethercon feed throughs. Use short jumpers that also have Ethercon connectors. The shells can be purchased and added to regular Ethernet cables or I make them myself.

Profile photo of EdwinR
    EdwinR
    Participant

Our church purchased the Allen and Heath QU32 and 2 AB168’s. How do I connect our main speakers to the AB168 and how do we set them up on the QU? Can I connect one main speaker to one AB168 and the second main speaker to the other one?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Our church purchased the Allen and Heath QU32 and 2 AB168’s. How do I connect our main speakers to the AB168 and how do we set them up on the QU? Can I connect one main speaker to one AB168 and the second main speaker to the other one?

Yes that will work, go into the set up menu, IO patch tab D Snake out, assign the output sockets as needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.