Connecting 2 iPads

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Connecting 2 iPads

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello.
    Does anyone know where I might find detailed instructions on how to set up multiple iPads into the QU series?
    ie: net address’s etc..
    I have no problem using / accessing one iPad

Is it just a matter of telling the Airport extreme of 2 connections?
    I know someone on here said they were using 2 iPads recently

cheers

No slagging please.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

just connect the second iPad the same way you did with the first one??

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ok Thanks Andreas
    I have yet to buy another iPad and need to make sure I am investing in the future proofing equipment ‘as much as possible.’
    I think I am really just sussing out to see if there are any complications “before” investing.
    It would be great to see some sort of video clip showing multiple iPads simultaneously working and what exactly I can do with this?
    From memory MarkPA said he was using 2 iPads.
    So does this mean I can have 1 iPad showing xyz data and another where I can go for a wonder and adjust delay speakers?
    OR a guy onstage adjusting monitors and another iPad adjusting delay speakers?
    I have invested heavily with 6 QU units with AR’s and watched all the other brands video clips… using Windows 8
    Cheers

NO ‘sledging’ as the Australians put it. 🙂
    Looking for some-one else that is doing or using multiple iPads
    (no Tyre kickers)

dave

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’ll be using them later, but the latest firmware supports two separate Qu-Pad connections – they aren’t linked.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Ive been using multiple iPads since v1.7 came out Dave. They are totally independent of each other. That gives you six custom iPad layers to play with. You can have one iPad metering and the other on faders. One on FX and the other on mixes. Any combination you can think of. The connection for two is as easy as connecting one.
    It’s a fabulous feature 🙂

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

The connection should be simple if you’re using DHCP. If you’re using static IPs you have to make sure you’re setting the IP address on the second ipad correctly.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

As already said, there’s nothing different about the second iPad. Connects in the same way, without any extra setup, but works independently. Channel names are shared, and *I think* there’s only one RTA available between iPads

So yes, somebody can adjust monitors on stage while somebody else works on FOH delays. I used one dedicated to effects control which worked well for me.

*I can’t find this in the manual now – did I imagine it? Have I confused this with another desk?*

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you for all of that advice.
    Dose any one know of software I could run my MacBookPro at FOH position ‘hard wired’ via Ethernet to the Airport router to use like the iPad app [or in the minimal way] but also still use an iPad to roam?

Seems a shame to have so many Laptops and quality MAcBook pro sitting around unusable

any thoughts appreciated.

The New GLD chrome looks nice!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

laptops can not be used

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

There might be an iOS emulator, but there is no native application.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.