connecting

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration connecting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BABATURNA
    BABATURNA
    Participant

I just ordered Qu 32 and my system is Macpro 12 cores,Aurora 16,steinberg Cubase 8
    I want to use Aurora 16 as converter and audio card and Qu 32 as mixing desk ..
    How I must connect devices,please could you write me about cable types,connecting systems..
    thank you..

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I’m sorry, but it doesn’t seem that there is any practical way to do this. Issues are mismatch in sample rate, clocking and such. If you wish to use this device strictly as an A/D converter you could find a good used analog board like a Midas Venice to use for the pre-amps, then the Aurora into your computer. Once you have the tracks in Cubase you MIGHT be able to get it to work with the Qu as your control surface, BUT…

This idea appears very impractical and a huge mis-application of funds. But if it’s what you want to do, then I wish you luck.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If you insist to use the Aurora as a secondary AD/DA converter, then connecting it to the Mix or Group outputs seems to be the only way. As Dick already states, this does not make much sense since you have multiple AD/DA conversions (one on Qu, next in Aurora) before a sample reaches your Computer.
    If you do not like the pristine AD converters from the Qu and prefer to add some analog hiss, buzz and imperfectness (read: “character”) from an analog console, then replacing the Qu with some classic desk would be the better solution.
    For me grabbing the analog signal right after the gain stage (within the Qu) and proceed fully digital from that point is one of the big benefits of the Qu.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.