Configuring Mono FOH

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Configuring Mono FOH

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jayson Jayson 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jayson
    Jayson
    Participant

Hello,
    My church has a QU-16 and I just want to run a mono FOH mix both for clarity, and to preserve a snake channel (we can’t afford a digital snake, yet.) We also want to record the stereo out with Qu-Drive. I’m not sure on the best way to implement this. I’m sure this is common practice and could be answered elsewhere, but I am wondering if there is a QU specific way to handle it too. I know that in the patching menu one can patch the L+R post signal for D-snake, but I don’t see any options for the board outputs. If I just choose one output, then when stereo signal from an aux source is played back, it would have to be panned, which messes up the stereo recording image. By the way, I should mention I’m just an enthusiast selected for the task. My only education in Audio Engineering is what I’ve read online, and general sound/music/electrical theory from school. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Isn’t there an option in the alt outs for L+R sum?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Mervaka is correct. The ALT out has a L+R output. Just go to the surface preferences in the setup area and set it to that. Take the L or R 1/4″ output to your FOH signal path.

Profile photo of Jayson
    Jayson
    Participant

Ah, great. Thanks guys for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.