Configuring Apple Airport Extreme for use with iLive V1.91

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Configuring Apple Airport Extreme for use with iLive V1.91

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of skyaudio skyaudio 10 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of skyaudio
    skyaudio
    Participant

Greetings,

We’ve had no success configuring our Apple Airport Extreme Wi-Fi router to successfully communicate with our iDR48/T112 system. We’re running iLive firmware v1.91 and the AX has been updated with the newest firmware and Airport utility versions. The difficulty seems to be in properly assigning a static IP address to the AX. If anyone out there has had success using the Apple AX with their iLive rig we’d sure appreciate it if you could share your setup config and/or tips and tricks for getting the Airport to work with iLive. We are stumped and at our wit’s end.

iDR48 IP address 192.168.1.1
    T112 surface address 192.168.1.2
    T112 touchscreen address 192.168.1.3
    Apple Airport Extreme attempted IP address assignment 192.168.1.254
    iLive Mixpad v1.90
    MacBook Pro OSX 10.7.5
    iLive Editor v1.9

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I’m not shure but i think you should use higher IP-Adress for the rack and the surface! .1 is mostly used for router-settings! try to use numbers that are higher than .51!

Hopefully that helps!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi skyaudio,

Your IP addresses look fine to me. Do you have the same subnet set across all devices?
    What are the laptop and iPad set to? If these are set to DHCP, make sure the Airport DHCP range is compatible with the other addresses, for example 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200. Otherwise set the devices to static IP addresses as well.

We have a KB article on the AP Express, maybe worth a look.

Hope this helps.

skyaudio
    Participant

Nicola, Thanks for your response. The subnet is set to 255.255.255.0 across all A&H devices and the AX’ DHCP range is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200. The iPad and MacBook are set to DHCP. Since these settings have been working, albeit intermittently, with a cheap Belkin router, we feel that we’ve somehow screwed up the config of the AX. The Apple support groups are no help at all.

Cheers,

Mark Clifford
    Skylands Professional Audio, LLC

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Have you checked the Port where you plugged in the device? There is one WAN-Port and 4 LAN-Ports! You have to plug them into one of the LAN-Ports!

Profile photo of pngaudioguy
    pngaudioguy
    Participant

This may sound really strange, but assuming that you’re not connected to anything in the outside world, try forcing the DNS to 0.0.0.0 – I can’t remember which forum I found it on, but I was having ridiculously bad connectivity issues with my iPad and forcing the DNS on it made the dropouts disappear. Apparently Apple products don’t like having an empty DNS field, and will drop the connection as a result. Perhaps the AX is the same? No promises, of course, but it’s free to try.

skyaudio
    Participant

Dear pngaudioguy,

I just came from the theatre where the rig is installed feeling like a conquering hero. I got the system to work perfectly. All I had to do was force the DNS field to 0.0.0.0 ! Problem solved. Thanks for your response, you nailed it.

Mark Clifford
    Skylands Professional Audio, LLC
    Blairstown, NJ USA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.