Configuring 2 x dx168 in daisy chain from Director

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Configuring 2 x dx168 in daisy chain from Director

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of isaac isaac 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of isaac
    isaac
    Participant

As per the title, I’m wanting to configure a multi surface (2 x S5000) with a dm 64 and 3 x dx168 run off the mix rack.

In director 1.61 I can only see the option for up to 32 channels total (in groups of eight) on each dx ‘pair'(1/2 and 3/4).

Can I only use 32 channels in total or is this just a director limitation?

My use case is daisy chaining 2 x dx168, and accessing 32 inputs and 16 outputs from these.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac P

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Isaac,

DX ports are limited to 32 bidirectional channels. This is enough for daisy-chaining 2x DX168 (32 inputs).
    In your scenario, you can use DX1 to connect two cascaded DX168, and DX3 to connect the third DX168. DX2 and DX4 on the MixRack are for redundancy only.

Profile photo of isaac
    isaac
    Participant

Thanks for that,

I’m more concerned with representing the daisy chained 168s in Director.

As far I can tell I can only access 32 channels in total via director. Or do I just need to patch them anyway, and it’ll sort out when I load the show on actual hardware?

Thanks,

Isaac P

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.