Colored Pot Knobs and Faders

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Colored Pot Knobs and Faders

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 38 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Base Mell Base Mell 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Hello A&H, I want to purchase some colored faders and pot knobs for my Qu desk. I note the GL faders are compatible (see here) so I presume any of these will work. What about pot knobs; any analogue desks that use the same design? Thank you.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

You should find most fader knobs will fit from other consoles, just pick up some other coloured ones off eBay, as for the rotary knobs, I would assume they’re designed just for the QU.

jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks Lee7

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Jake,

Any fader knob designed for the A&H GL series will work. I was going to get some from Full Compass, but found a company from Germany on ebay that sells them MUCH cheaper. They should be arriving any day. I’ll let you all know what I think when they get here.

I haven’t researched rotary knobs yet.

Joel
    Glaser Audio Productions

jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks Joel, I’d be glad to hear how you get on.
    Jake

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Still waiting. According to USPS, they should be arriving Monday. We’ll see.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Well, I finally had some time to try out the new fader knobs. They do fit. A bit more snug than the original knobs that come with the QU32 and the knobs I robbed from my old GL2 mixer. They are also just slightly wider than the other two, but work just fine.

This is where I bought mine on eBay – https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-professional-FADER-KNOB-cap-GREY-0-5-x-0-1-slider-potentiometer-replacement-/351703143027?hash=item51e3241273:g:sfkAAOSwgApXB-Zz

The seller’s ID on eBay is “familygate”. It took a couple of weeks to get, but they came from Germany and I’m in the midwest USA. Not surprising. I bought three different colors. Not as many colors as I’ve seen on Full Compass’ site, but WAY less expensive! Full Compass wants $3 – 4 each. I bought 20 knobs for about $35 including shipping from Germany.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

I’m trying to upload pictures, but not having any luck. If I can figure this out, I’ll get some pix up.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Hi Joel, I am also in the midwest,, St. Louis where abouts are you?
    do you have a way to upload the pictures to a web space provider? I use my website,
    that’s what you need to do then in the post you make, click on the img tab and insert the web address (link) to your picture.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The GL series fader knobs are perfect fit and
    in my humble opinion should be made available to QU users easily and at a very inexpensive price?
    This promotes their product!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Since these are regular ALPS fader caps, they are available nearly everywhere. Poti knobs are a different story…

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

If you host your images on a hosting site such as Photobucket or the like, then all you need to do is paste in the image tag link. It will be something like [IMG]www.photobucket\fredspictures\image1223.jpg[\IMG]. Hopefully that will work for you.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That link just takes me to my DropBox page……….

This should work

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

OK, well I’ll keep trying.

Thanks Mark.

Let’s try this.

…… Nope

Is this showing up for anyone?

QU fader knobs 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.