Clock sync issues Waves card

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Clock sync issues Waves card

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pete.j pete.j 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hey guys!

Ive been screwing with this all day. Clock sync is set internal 96k on the DM48, Digital 96k on the waves card, and slave 96k on Soundgrid Studio.

All clock sync shows green everywhere.

Recording looks good but when i play back theres tons of pops and clicks and the speed of the recording speeds up and slows down whether im using the waves card as the sound card or not.

Also my PFL bus is has a constant really high noise floor and pops and clicks but all of the input channels and output busses sound fine when i just soft patch my ears to them rather than using PFL.

using a 2015 macbook pro, with a thunderbolt 2 to ethernet cable, cat6 to the waves card. static IP over thunderbolt to ethernet cable is 192.168.1.250. subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 cant seem to figure it out. thank you in advance for your help

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

What OS version are you using?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did you played back some different material with success?
    how sound the plugins? distorted?

Profile photo of pete.j
    pete.j
    Participant

do you have IP6 activated and set to auto configure? As far as I remember even SoundGrid sends data on layer 2 it uses IP6 to configure itself.

Also, is the Waves card set to SoE Master. Don’t mess ClockMaster with SoundGrid Networkmaster. Therefore the dLive is you WordClock Master, but the WavesCard it self is the SoE Master for the SoundGrid side …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.